Director Governmental & Reg Affairs
Represents Calpine before Federal legislators and regulators in Washington, DC. Develops corporate positions on national public policy issues, and communicates to and influences the Congress, federal regulatory entities, industry organizations, and other related participants in federal policy decision-making.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate with Calpine personnel to develop and implement policies and positions before Congress, the Administration, as well as federal agencies that are favorable to Calpine.
• Represent Calpine before Congress and the Administration on federal issues.
• Maintain relationships with Congressional and regulatory staff, trade associations, industry representatives, and other relevant organizations that are active in public policy decision-making at the federal level.
• Work with personnel in Calpine’s Government & Regulatory Affairs Department who are responsible for state issues to ensure consistency in Calpine’s policy positions at the Federal and State level.
• Assist in the management of Calpine’s political action committee.
• Establish strong working relationships with Calpine business groups relative to federal actions that may impact their business units.
• Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Requirements Undergraduate degree in Economics, Engineering, Political Science, Communications, Public Relations or other related field (or equivalent experience) is required. A graduate degree in any of these fields is also highly desirable.
5-7 years direct experience working on energy related issues on Capitol Hill, as well the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
Exceptional public speaking and writing skills, as well as a high level of initiative and confidence are also required.
Strong time-management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
Some travel and irregular work hours, including overtime is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-22