Henkel´s Laundry & Home Care brands have been trusted by generations of families. To maintain the trusted quality it takes constant innovation, sound research, cutting-edge product development, smart marketing and sales. Above all, it takes people who share our passion and embrace change. What do you strive for?
To ensure that our business, functional and regulatory leaders within the Beauty & Laundry business:
– are fully informed about the external political, social, environmental, sustainability and regulatory trends that are relevant to Henkel and
– help drive appropriate decisions and actions of political decision-makers as well as within Henkel.
What we offer
- Identify business relevant Public Affairs & Governmental Relations (PAG) topics by working closely with the Beauty & Laundry business, functional and regulatory managers and establish bi-annual priority setting and evaluation meetings with top-level decision-makers at Henkel Beauty & Laundry NA.
- Create, monitor and manage a PAG system that will enable us to collect and evaluate political, social, environmental, sustainability and regulatory intelligence in order to ensure that business, functional, PSRA and product development teams can pro-actively work on the potential impact areas, both positive & negative.
- Lead a systematic stakeholder mapping & management process in order to establish a robust political infrastructure for Henkel at federal, state and local level and enable increased interactions with trade associations, governmental agencies to gain a strong foothold on forward looking political, societal and regulatory agenda topics.
- Design and lead (based on identified priorities as well as established monitoring stakeholder systems) the execution of tailor made advocacy strategies in order to shape the regulatory & political agenda and to influence the respective decision making process in cooperation with internal and external experts and – if required – top-level managers at Henkel, including those in Henkel’s NA Adhesives business when necessary.
- Represent Henkel in associations for the respective businesses at relevant level (below Board) including the chairmanship in working groups and decision making bodies of identified associations to ensure an adequate opinion leadership of Henkel and to effectively steer and control associations in their political and regulatory direction and stakeholder outreach.
- Transmit changes in the political and regulatory environment to BU-leadership-teams and give strategic political advice for BU-strategies.
- Coordinate and communicate with Henkel Adhesives (A) PAG Director to align stakeholder outreach and share information.
- Engage and lead an external PAG agency to support Henkel’s PAG objectives, which includes but not limited to monitoring, stakeholder outreach, advocacy concepts etc., on an as needed basis.
- Establish, manage, maintain, use and further develop various networks with the U.S. agencies (topical stakeholder relationship management) to shape the regulatory and political agenda and ensure achieving defined PAG-objectives.
- Recommend, facilitate and prepare meetings, communications and negotiations with U.S. agencies (FDA, EPA, CPSC, etc.,) trade associations etc. & Henkel experts and pro-actively manage the agenda.
Who we are looking for
- Master’s degree in law or political science preferred.
- Depending on relevancy of qualifications, a minimum of 5 – 7 years’ experience in the area of political and / or regulatory lobbying within the consumer industry (preferred in the context of Beauty & Laundry).
- Knowledge of US agencies, political institutions, along with processes and procedures
- Exceptional communication skills with ability to interact and network in different business and political settings.
- Capability to identify political dimensions related to Beauty & Laundry business and to put them into regulatory context.
- Ability to transfer business language into politically relevant arguments.
- Analytical and conceptual strength combined with good project management skills.
- Self-starter with a good understanding of the consumer goods industry (Beauty & Laundry Industry experience would be an added value).
- Ability to coordinate and moderate internal and external meetings with strong leadership and effective communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in, cross functional teams.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. Refer to the job ID mentioned above and get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel.
Discover our winning culture: www.henkel-northamerica.com/careers/jobs-and-application
Job Posted: August 24, 2017