Director – Gov’t Affairs (NYC)
Due to COVID-19, we are prioritizing Internal AUSA candidates for the first 10 business days.
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We’re building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve. We’re not the only ones who have seen it; we’ve recently been recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers as well as by the Human Rights Campaign, DiversityInc Magazine, and Cablefax for our diversity & inclusion program.
The Director of Government Affairs for NYC is responsible for government and community affairs in NYC, including the Administration, Department of Information Technology & Telecommunications (“DOITT”), the City Council, the Borough Presidents, and other relevant government and community organizations. In addition, this position is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with state legislative and congressional members representing New York City. In coordination with Corporate Government Affairs, this position must develop and execute political, legislative and regulatory strategies and initiatives that support and enhance the company’s business objectives, including strategic public affairs initiatives.
Government Affairs: Regulatory, Legislative & Franchising: Develops and maintains relationships with relevant City agencies and officials to be able to effectively execute advocacy strategies and secure requisite approvals to support the business objectives. This includes all issues relating to the cable franchises for Brooklyn and Bronx, the telecommunications franchise for Altice Business Services, city legislation and regulations that may impact Altice’s wireline, wireless, media and advertising businesses as well as corporate regulatory issues. This role does the strategic planning and direct day-to-day engagement in all aspects of legislative and regulatory proceedings and the coordination both direct and indirect (through industry allies and business associations) company involvement to minimize operational impact and costs. To the extent possible, these efforts seek to achieve a better governmental environment for the company’s products and services.
Business Initiatives: Responsible for developing and executing government strategies to garner support for business initiatives ranging from programming disputes to efficient deployment of the fiber to the home network. This role is also key to identifying new business opportunities, such as contracts with city agencies.
Community Affairs: Responsible for developing strategic targets for execution of community affairs initiatives to advance the company’s community image and relationships with public officials. These initiatives align with the core tenets of Altice, including innovation, broadband accessibility, and media generation, as well as identify key local initiatives with unique resonance to the communities we serve.
- 10+ years experience in the telecommunications industry, government sector or other relevant areas.
- College degree or equivalent experience is required, graduate level degree is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of telecommunications business, laws and regulation and/or experience in understanding policy issues and the implications on business.
- Excellent relationship skills, excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Team building skills, including ability to work effectively with colleagues that are not in direct reporting relationship.
- Leadership skills, including ability to advance company interests in venues that require consensus building.
- Flexibility and creativity in problem solving, particularly in negotiations with government officials and agencies.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with federal, state and local government officials.
- Ability to analyze and understand business impact of proposed legislation and regulations at federal, state and local level.
- Strong working knowledge of regulatory, legislative and municipal processes.
- Ability to plan and execute public affairs activities including events involving public officials.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-16