Director, Grassroots and PAC
This position is responsible for two key components of U.S. Travel’s Advocacy operations: grassroots and PAC. Key functions of this role include maintaining and improving U.S. Travel’s grassroots program to increase political education and involvement of U.S. Travel members and the broader travel industry. The director, grassroots and PAC is also responsible for the successful management and growth of the organization’s political action committee, TravelPAC.
- Lead PAC fundraising events throughout the year during CEO Roundtables, Board meetings, the summer auction and other industry events.
- Develop a robust prior approval campaign to obtain authorization from U.S. Travel members and begin fundraising campaigns with approved member organizations.
- Develop significant TravelPAC growth plan.
- Work with campaign fundraisers to host events with other industry stakeholders, working closely with the Government Relations team.
- Manage Aristotle 360 PAC Compliance Software data entry.
- Maintain regular communication with PAC Board of Directors and donors (including emails, conference calls and newsletters).
- Increase visibility of the PAC at U.S. Travel events.
- Maintain regular communication with legal counsel to ensure FEC Compliance.
- Grow and improve U.S. Travel’s grassroots program to increase political education and involvement of U.S. Travel members and the travel industry.
- Draft communications to advocates, including newsletters and action alerts.
- Grow and improve U.S. Travel’s advocacy-focused social media outreach.
- Facilitate stakeholder meetings, including various U.S. Travel council gatherings.
- Aid in the planning process for annual fly-in event.
- Maintain the advocacy website (travelcoalition.org) and make appropriate and timely updates.
- Undergraduate degree in political science, communications and/or related field.
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ prior work experience in PAC growth and grassroots. Trade association and travel industry experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ prior work experience with social media outlets or digital campaigns.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and web editing skills are preferred.
- Ability to travel (10-25%).
To apply please submit your cover letter, resume and reference list to email@example.com with “Director, Grassroots and PAC” listed in the subject line.
Job posted: 2019-05-15