Director of Grassroots & Political Affairs
The American Land Title Association, a non-partisan, national trade association representing the land title and real estate settlement industry, is excited to find a government relations professional to develop PAC strategy and mobilize grassroot activities on issues impacting the title insurance industry. We are looking for someone who is self-directed, engaging, organized, and who wants to be a part of an organization with a great culture. This is an exciting opportunity to advance the industry agenda as a dynamic participant in a fast-paced, fulfilling work environment that rewards initiative, collaboration, relationship building, and political acumen.
• The receipt, deposit, and disbursement of the Title Industry PAC (TIPAC) and administrative account funds
• Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local campaign finance and election laws
• Solicit hard dollar & soft dollar (administrative account) contributions, including sponsorship opportunities; produce communications invitations; and messages
• Draft and execute PAC-related communications: hard dollar solicitation materials, soft dollar (administrative account) solicitation materials, including sponsorship opportunities; website content; invitations; and talking points
• Oversee PAC-related activities performed by administrative staff, consultants, and interns as needed
• Develop and maintain the TIPAC election cycle budget
• Federal Election Commission (FEC) filings
• Maintain strong relationships with TIPAC committee members.
• Conceive, plan and implement TIPAC fundraising events and staff ALTA’s major meetings to promote membership involvement in the Association’s political and advocacy efforts.
• Manage vendors and coordinate the association’s fly-in, the ALTA Advocacy Summit.
• Supervise and train interns on administrative tasks.
• Other duties as assigned
• Act as the Title Action Network’s (TAN’s) primary point of contact for any and all related inquiries.
• Work with state partners, along with ALTA’s Senior Director of Grassroots and Government Affairs, to identify advocacy opportunities for TAN members.
• Draft TAN communications to provide consistent education to members about regulations and pertinent issues.
• Coordinate with the TAN Committee and subcommittees to accomplish yearly goals.
• Oversee the administration of the TAN database including data entry, data cleanup, membership and activation reports and action alerts.
• Manage the TAN budget.
• Plan TAN and Congressional Liaison presence at ALTA meetings.
• Directly oversee the Congressional Liaisons Program including membership, retention, education and activation.
• Manage a systematized communications plan for the Congressional Liaison Program.
• Work alongside the Government Affairs Team to coordinate meetings for Liaisons with their Members of Congress.
• Manage all PAC and grassroots vendors.
• Other duties as assigned
• Social, self-starting individuals
• Teamwork and communication skills
• Strong organization style
• Excellent writing and presentation skills
• An outgoing personality with the entrepreneurial drive is a plus!
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, and Sharepoint
• 3-5 years of experience in a staff position on Capitol Hill or in political fundraising strongly preferred
• Background check: Required
• Medical coverage offered
• Dental coverage offered
• Vision coverage offered
• Retirement planning with a 401(k) program offered after 6 months, employer matching contributions available up to 5%
• On-site fitness facility (no gym fee) with the option to purchase group fitness classes or contract with a personal trainer
• Complimentary office refreshments include drip-style coffees, a huge selection of teas, sodas, and flavored sparkling water
• Company membership within ASAE (American Society of Association Executives) to encourage employees’ professional development and regional networking
• …and more!
Salary: Commensurate with experience
How to Apply:
Click the link to complete the application online.
No phone calls, please. Applicants may be asked to complete an AcuMax Index pre-hiring assessment (5-minute survey) in addition to submitting a resume and cover letter.
The American Land Title Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job posted: 2020-03-19