Director of Health Care Policy, Private Health Plans Reimbursement
This position is responsible for managing all special activities and projects related to private health plan coverage of and reimbursement for audiology and speech-language pathology services.
- Collaborates on identifying, developing, executing, and evaluating coordinated advocacy strategies designed to advance ASHA’s Public Policy Agenda.
- Conducts high-quality analyses and develops relevant health care policy recommendations with implications for the professions of audiology and speech-language pathology.
- Prepares analyses, issue briefs, letters, testimony, regulatory comments, and other resources as needed that are designed to advance the relevant health care priorities within ASHA’s Public Policy Agenda.
- Represents ASHA, ASHA members, and consumers before private health plan policymakers in internal and external appeals and policy change requests.
- Engages federal and state officials as a “Subject Matter Expert” as needed.
- Identifies, develops, maintains, and leverages strategic relationships with relevant staff of external organizations, including coalitions, in accordance with relevant ASHA policies.
- Collaborates on strategic communications, messaging, and grassroots materials that are designed to advance ASHA’s Public Policy Agenda. Develops articles and other products for online and print communications.
- Provides technical assistance to ASHA’s membership, consumers, and other interested parties as needed.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Advanced degree in public policy, economics, political science, or a related field.
- 6 years of experience in billing or reimbursement policy in a health plan, association, corporation, or government; experience with audiology and speech-language pathology services is preferred.
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability in strategic policy analysis and development activities.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality and impactful analyses, issue briefs, letters, testimony, regulatory comments, model legislative language, and related products.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strategic relationships with health care policymakers and allied stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of private health plan coverage determination and appeals processes.
- Working knowledge of health care policies that impact ASHA, especially private health plan coverage and reimbursement issues.
- Working knowledge of communications sciences and disorders is desirable
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Strong collaborative and facilitative leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize, and execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and a creative approach to work.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve consensus when opposing viewpoints are presented.
How to Apply
Click the blue “Apply Now” button on this page, which will take you to the job listing in our application system, UltiPro. Click the green “Apply now” button. You will be prompted to create a new account in UltiPro. (If you already have an UltiPro account, click “Sign In.”)
Fill out the application, remembering to upload your resume and any other relevant documents. After submitting your application, you can monitor your application’s status under the “Applications” section of the “My Presence” page.
EOE/minorities, women, persons with disabilities, veterans with disabilities and Vietnam veterans are encouraged to apply.
Job posted: 2020-09-29