Director, Health Policy
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease.
BROAD FUNCTION AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
Oversee health policy team and lead JDRF strategy to advance healthcare policies enabling patient access to priority type 1 diabetes therapies.
· Oversee development and implementation of JDRF strategies to advance healthcare policies enabling patient access to priority drugs, biologics, and devices.
· Ensure JDRF’s goals are being advanced at CMS and health plans.
· Develop and maintain effective relationships with leaders at CMS, health plans, clinician organizations, research foundations, companies, and associations to advance health policy goals and JDRF mission.
· Report on progress and advise JDRF leadership and allies on healthcare policy issues as needed.
· Direct outside reimbursement strategy consultants.
· Partner with advocacy staff and staff in other JDRF departments to advance goals.
· Perform other duties as assigned by his/her immediate supervisor.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
· 10+ years of experience in health policy.
· Extensive understanding of issues related to reimbursement, CMS programs and the health insurance marketplace.
· Knowledge of diabetes-related therapies helpful but not necessary.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
· Significant health care reimbursement strategy experience.
· Ability to effectively multi-task, establish priorities, and work in a fast paced environment. Highly efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure with high quality work.
· Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills. Capable of handling diversified assignments.
· Team player that has the ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers. Must develop, maintain, and utilize relationships.
· Strong capacity to learn technical and scientific information needed to advance project goals.
· Excellent written, oral, and communication skills. Aptitude for presentation delivery, conveying ideas, and instructing effectively.
· Superior active listening, observation, analytical, and problem recognition and solving skills.
· Ability to work and make judgments independently and take initiative. Self-starter that requires little supervision.
· Some travel required (approximately 10%).
College degree required. Graduate degree preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-09