Director of Health Policy and Political Director
The Minnesota Business Partnership leverages the knowledge and experience of more than 110 CEOS and senior executives from Minnesota’s largest employers. We analyze our state’s challenges with a long-term, global view, and we make recommendations to strengthen Minnesota’s economy and quality of life.
POSITION: Director of Health Policy and Political Director
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SUMMARY: The Director of Health Policy and Political Director is responsible for the development and implementation of overall strategic policy for issues related to health care as well as the management of issue advocacy, citizen education and political efforts for a statewide organization composed of the CEOs of Minnesota’s largest employers. Primary constituents include members and their delegates to the Partnership, allied business organizations, state lawmakers, opinion leaders, the broader business community and the public.
- Manage the MBP Health Policy Committee: Consult with committee members to develop legislative and non-legislative agenda priorities. Organize two to four committee meetings per year.
- Develop and implement legislative strategies to advance/oppose priority legislation, including providing public testimony at legislative committees and other venues.
- Track and monitor legislation and regulatory activity related to health care and campaign finance issues impacting member companies.
- Regularly communicate with MBP Deputies on various issues of interest.
- Maintain strong relationships with other pro-business organizations and attend various meetings with stakeholders to represent MBP interests.
- Direct fundraising and strategic spending for three non-partisan, grassroots organizations that work to improve Minnesota’s business climate and strengthen the state’s economy.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to develop the agenda, materials and presentations for the monthly Board of Directors meetings and related deputy meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Experience: Seasoned professional with a minimum of three years of public policy experience. Understanding of the legislative process and campaigns.
- Excellent writing and verbal communications.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills and the demonstrated ability to use good judgment and maturity to interact with MBP staff, business leaders, public affairs professionals, lawmakers, agency staff, outside organizations and the media.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work well under pressure and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word Press.
- Experience using a variety of social media tools in a professional setting.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Competitive benefit package; salary commensurate with experience.
Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Job posted: 2019-09-13