Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director II, Internal Communications
The Global Brand & Communications (GB&C) organization has an exciting opportunity for an experienced internal communications or executive communications professional to join the Executive Communications team in a role responsible for strategic communications for the Legal and Talent & Enterprise Services organizations.
The Director II, Internal Communications works collaboratively with executive leadership and talent teams to develop a strategic communications plan and drive innovative and integrated communication strategies within two aligned corporate functions (Legal and Talent & Enterprise Services) that are both geographically and functionally diverse.
Along with aligned Communications Consultants, this person will build and ensure execution of executive communications programs, campaigns, and channels that significantly influence the way leaders communicate and positively influences the employee experience related to communications. He/she will support change, engage employees, and shape the culture to ultimately enhance and continuously improve the employee experience.
The person in this role will be responsible for ensuring consistent messaging within these two corporate functions and alignment to the overall Liberty Mutual brand & strategy.
In addition to internal communications experience, this position requires strong strategic and analytical thinking, the ability to manage multiple stakeholder relationships and influencing skills in a matrix organization. Candidates must demonstrate ability to drive tangible results.
· Develop and own the executive communication strategy and some execution for aligned corporate functions.
· Work with multiple senior executives as a coach and counsel to ensure communications are aligned and coordinated, and focused first and foremost on the employee experience, tied to our corporate narrative and corporate function strategic brief and always underpinned by our Values.
· Understand business objectives and implement programs and processes to drive employee engagement in an impactful and meaningful way.
· Responsible for engagement in monitoring key metrics to evaluate effectiveness of communication plans.
· Work cohesively and collaborate with lead communicators in other business units/corporate functions to ensure smooth and seamless coordination of communications.
· Contribute to the creation and alignment on best practices for cultivating a dynamic employee experience through communications.
· Facilitate communications that span across multiple business units/functional areas requiring the need to influence without authority and build relationships with key stakeholders.
· Successfully manages complex situations with autonomy.
· Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred.
· Minimum of 7-10 years of relevant experience and progressively more responsible communications experience and a proven track record of developing and executing strategies that drive cultural and organizational change.
· Exceptional program management skills and the ability to organize, plan, and execute communication strategies.
· Advanced knowledge of project management concepts, practices and techniques.
· Experience coaching and managing employees is preferred as this person will contribute to the coaching and development of aligned communications consultants.
- Displays business acumen and integrated thinking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of various communications vehicles to include both current and emerging technologies.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment.
- Collaborative team player
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-04-30