Director II, Issues Management & Corporate Reputation Communications
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
We are seeking a Director II of Issues Management & Corporate Reputation Communications that will play an integral leadership role on the company’s public relations team. This position will be responsible for leading, creating and continuously improving all proactive and reactive external communications efforts around issues/crisis management and corporate reputation to further position and protect the company in the marketplace. This role resides in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and will be imperative in upholding the strong reputation of Liberty Mutual’s brand.
- Lead and oversee proactive and reactive external communications efforts around issues/crisis management and corporate reputation across the enterprise, targeting audiences such as top-tier, business and trade media, influencers, customers, opinion leaders, government officials, business partners and employees.
- Set and manage the execution of comprehensive external communications strategy that includes thought leadership, speaking and media opportunities across owned, earned, paid and emerging PR channels.
- Work with key internal partners, including brand strategy, the office of sustainability and internal communications, to identify and generate external communications opportunities.
- Drive strategic earned media and other external communications opportunities to advance the company’s reputation.
- Collaborate cross-functionally, globally and domestically, and build key relationships to drive alignment, ensure consistency, identify and prepare for risks, create efficiencies, and influence internal stakeholders and leadership.
- Work with key internal partners to create and maintain issues/crisis management communications playbooks and messaging.
- Oversee and/or serve as lead company spokesperson around issues/crisis management and manage the creation of all corresponding materials, including statements, press releases, talking points, strategy memos and media training elements.
- Implement best practices to effectively and quickly respond to media inquiries.
- Surface timely, relevant trends/risks and media coverage with robust context.
- Establish regular reporting mechanism to evaluate effectiveness of communication plans and use metrics to inform improvements on future strategic plans.
- Counsel and support C-level executives, communications colleagues and business partners on longer-term strategy and near-term action plans.
- Define team and individual performance objectives and development plans to ensure alignment with project and department objectives. Inspire team to successfully deliver against those objectives.
- Collaborate with and manage agency partners.
****East Coast locations are preferred****
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Communications or related field).
- 10+ years of relevant communications experience with progressively more responsibility.
- 5+ years of successfully leading, developing and engaging a high-performing team.
- Extensive issues/crisis management and corporate reputation communications experience in a corporate or agency environment.
- A proven self-starter with the ability to be proactive, drive alignment and collaborate in a complex, matrixed organization.
- Innovative thinker with ability to identify and engage with emerging PR verticals.
- Deep understanding of and advanced experience in managing and handling direct interactions with a broad range of media and other external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong strategic communications skills and the ability to put plans into action and identify and engage with emerging PR verticals.
- Ability to surface best practices, both externally and internally, and vast knowledge around integrating communications plans into paid, owned and earned channels.
- A global mindset/experience with a keen sense of urgency and problem solving.
- A highly engaged consumer of all types of media.
- Experience counseling C-suite executives and presenting recommendations in a thorough, thoughtful manner.
- Establish regular reporting mechanism using latest measurement best practices; Evaluate effectiveness of communication plans to inform improvements on future strategies.
- Occasional travel may be required.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Job posted: 2020-09-27