Director, Industry Reputation & Issues Management
The Entertainment Software Association (ESA) is seeking a Director, Industry Reputation and Issues Management to serve as the day-to-day manager for the association’s industry media relations and issues management program. This role will be responsible for defending, protecting, and advocating in DC and on a national stage, based on an understanding of how social and traditional media work to shape and manage reputation.
Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President, Communications the incumbent will partner closely with senior leadership to defend and shape the reputation of the supporting industry in the US. The Director will combine traditional corporate communications and issues management with digital publishing to ensure the organization is recognized as a proactive and important voice for the industry in the eyes of public policy makers and industry observers. Additionally, this role will be responsible for mitigating risk and protecting the industry from issues and crisis that may adversely affect its ability to grow its business.
Major Job Responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute communications strategies to include issues and crisis plans, issues/crisis management, and outreach strategies.
- Manage industry media relations and issues management program.
- Develop a comprehensive crisis and issues response plan and playbooks as well as a rapid response protocol.
- Serve as chief writer and editor for the department and hold responsibility for speech writing, op-ed development, bylined articles, briefing materials, blogs, and press materials.
- Maintain editorial boards and executive visibility.
- Utilize digital and social media to enhance media relations, editorial coverage, and reputation.
- Provide industry event support and planning.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of communications activities.
- Serve as an association spokesperson on key industry topics and issues.
- Maintain understanding of national media and establish relationships within DC and beltway press.
- Work closely with senior leadership within Communications and Industry Affairs, Legal and Policy, and Government Affairs while also supporting the organization’s foundation.
Qualified candidates will offer a bachelor’s degree plus eight to ten years of corporate communications and related industry experience including five years in an agency. ESA is seeking individuals with experience in issues management, crisis communications, media relations or journalism, speech writing, event planning, and corporate communications. Ideal candidates will possess established connections and media experience with broadcast and business press in Washington, DC and have experience in public affairs and associations.
If you believe you meet our requirements, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link provided.
ESA is not currently sponsoring work visas or transfers, including OPT or H1-B. Green Card holders or U.S. Citizens eligible for application. ESA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Additional inquiries and questions can be emailed to Beth Cessna at email@example.com or call 202/232-1765.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-03-27