Director, Integrated Communications
Directly supports the SVP of Communication in developing, communicating, and executing internal and external strategic initiatives by leading projects with cross-team resources, managing day-to-day operational priorities, and strengthening reporting, oversight, and integration.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the mission, strategy, and objectives of the Communications Department as a senior leader on the Communications team;
- Oversee strategic communications projects on behalf of the SVP of Communications to ensure proper coordination, collaboration, and timely implementation to meet pre-determined milestones and objectives;
- Fulfill the responsibilities of the Communications Committee Secretariat and serve as main point of contact with member companies;
- Present communications objectives and strategies to API Management and Senior Staff, including at the weekly Leadership Team call, as well as member companies and third party organizations;
- Oversee and implement coordination and strategic communications plans with Joint Trade association allies;
- Manage strategic initiatives, including Employee Engagement and employee grassroots campaign, in coordination with other team members;
- Serve as communications lead and provide strategic input on cross-departmental projects, including DE&I, ESG, and member-focused initiatives;
- Anticipate and prepare executive-level communications materials for the SVP of Communications, including Executive Committee and Board pre-reads, powerpoint presentations, and messaging;
- Recommend and provide internal communications updates to the Communications Department, Executive Staff, and API Staff as needed;
- Manage and oversee the Communications budget in coordination with Communications team leads and Finance team;
- Provide input and recommendations regarding organizational structure, budget, and allocation of resources to optimize performance and achieve desired outcomes;
- Continuously evaluate innovative communications approaches and tools to achieve long-term communications goals.
Skills, Experience and Education
- At least 10 – 12 years of professional experience in communications, public relations, or public affairs.
- 3+ years of management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, project management, and operational skills are essential.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships, including executives and members.
- Superior project management and a track record of program development and implementation.
- Ability to provide leadership, handle multiple priorities and work under pressure.
- Proven ability to organize and possess above-average organizational skills.
- Ability to respond promptly to executive and members needs and solicit team feedback to meet project deadlines, while maintaining high-quality results.
- Initiative and ability to work both independently and collegially with others are essential.
- Experience with the oil and natural gas industry is a plus, but not required.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-23