Director, Internal & Network Communications
Work. Serve. Thrive.
Imagine a place where your talent can make a meaningful difference in peoples’ lives. Working at Feeding America is a uniquely rewarding experience in which our employees work together as vital parts of a much larger mission. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results.
We are a national, nonprofit organization and the nation’s leading domestic hunger-relief charity. Located in the heart of downtown Chicago, our mission is to feed America’s hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger.
The Director, Internal and Network Communications oversees the internal communication function across the Feeding America National Office (FANO) and with network staff. Among the role’s responsibilities include implementing a consistent organizational voice for clarity and consistency of messaging; providing executive presentation support; and leading content development to engage network members and FANO staff in Feeding America’s priorities. The Director, Internal and Network Communications guides communication efforts to ensure the joint strategic communications needs of the National Council (NAC) and FANO are met. This role will have a dotted line reporting relationship to the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer (COO).
- Directs the development of internal communication strategies to engage FANO staff and the network in Feeding America’s key priorities and to communicate the organization’s strategic plan.
- In partnership with Brand Marketing, provides editorial direction and integrates consistent language and messaging into all Feeding America internal communication platforms and materials. Serves as the editor-in chief for network and executive communication, HungerNet (intranet) and special projects.
- Directs the development and execution of communication strategies to support the NAC and other major network committees/task forces. This includes planning, coordination and production of broadcasts (e.g. mid-year network call), webinars and other communication events; development of HungerNet content and e-newsletters; and drafting of meeting summaries and other written communication.
- Oversees the preparation and support of speeches/presentations, panel participation, talking points and other communication for the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer and the Chief Financial Officer as it relates to strategy presentation to internal audiences.
- Reviews Executive Team members’ and subject matter experts’ presentations for key audiences.
- Collaborates with the Director Thought Leadership and the Development and Strategic Partnerships teams to develop executive presentation content and co-implement communication plans that advance Feeding America’s mission. Coordinates outreach and follow up with external contacts as necessary.
- Provides communications counsel to the Executive Team to support the execution of critical initiatives. Assists in the planning and execution of Feeding America’s change management strategies for major internal projects and initiatives
- Oversees the maintenance and continuous improvement of HungerNet and other internal communications tools and publications.
- Oversees the Marketing & Communication response to disasters.
- Coaches, mentors and develops a team of communication professionals.
- Travel: Moderate (Up to 20%)
- Mission Focused – Demonstrates a commitment to Feeding America’s mission through word and action. Is committed to keeping people facing hunger at the center of our work and strives to translate this commitment into action on a daily basis. Willing to advocate for people facing hunger and serve as an ambassador for Feeding America inside and outside of work.
- Embraces Equity, Diversity and Inclusion – Demonstrates a personal commitment to valuing different backgrounds and life experiences through word and action. Takes personal actions to build an inclusive culture that ensures everyone can fully contribute based on their unique talents, skills and perspectives and feels welcomed and valued. Commits to driving equitable solutions to address root cause issues by incorporating an equity framework in their daily work. Committed to continuous personal EDI development.
Required Leadership Competencies
- Communicates Effectively: Effectively communicates project and operating priorities to key stakeholder audiences that may include staff, network food bank members, donors and other audiences. Adjusts message and content based on feedback provided. Communicates clearly and effectively through verbal and written communication across individual, small group and large audience settings.
- Collaborates Internally & Externally: Actively supports collaboration within and between departments and with key stakeholders. Collaborates and models positive engagement resolving issues with a focus on mission and what’s best for the people we serve.
- Leverages Functional Expertise: Leverages deep knowledge of industry and function to shape operational decisions and project plans. Uses prior technical experience to improve processes and procedures within the organization. Tracks latest practices and innovations and ways these could improve processes within the organization.
- Translates Strategy to Operational Goals: Translates department strategy into SMART project goals for teams and individuals. Ensures highest and best use of allocated resources. Empowers team members to execute projects. Defines clear project deliverables and monitors and reports against progress.
- Manages for Results/Delegates Effectively: Utilizes performance management processes to create clear team/project focus on measurable results and promotes accountability at the team and individual level for delivering against agreed upon goals. Holds self and others to high standards. Establishes clear goals and provides supportive coaching and direct feedback.
Required Technical Competencies, Experience, Certifications & Education
- Eight plus years of professional communications experience in a fundraising environment, including higher education or other nonprofit.
- Superb editing and proofing skills; excellent oral & written communication skills, specifically for interacting with donor communities, national office staff, network members, and senior management.
- A background working with busy executives in a fast-paced environment and ability to manage high-level individuals with diplomacy and grace.
- Skilled at conveying complicated, nuanced information in easily digestible form to multiple stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills and experience leading teams in a customer/stakeholder focused environment.
Feeding America embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain, and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-09