Director, International Affairs
Finsbury Glover Hering (FGH) is a leading global strategic communications and public affairs consultancy. We help companies and organizations to successfully manage complex situations. The company was formed by the merger of the consulting firms Finsbury, The Glover Park Group (GPG) and Hering Schuppener and has a global network of 700 consultants in the most important political and financial centers.
FGH is seeking a government relations/policy professional with 5-10 years of experience to join our International Affairs team based in our Washington, DC office. This is an opportunity to grow as a communications professional, learn from experienced public affairs experts, and serve a diverse portfolio of global clients.
At FGH, our most precious resource is our people. We believe that our best work results from open-minded collaboration based on diverse perspectives. Every team member has a seat at the table and the best idea wins the day, no matter who comes up with it. We pride ourselves on building an inclusive and fun culture, where everyone feels part of the fabric of our business and shares in our success.
- Serve as a day-to-day account director on international affairs teams and other subject areas as needed. Proactively address daily client needs with minimal supervision.
- Compose memos to clients on substantive international affairs, national security and development issues.
- Maintain deep knowledge of social/political/economic issues that impact relevant clients and firm disciplines, with emphasis on international affairs, national security, global health and development, and/or trade issues.
- Respond quickly to emerging issues, urgent client requests and challenging policy environments.
- Project manage initiatives, including developing work plans and meeting client deliverables in a timely and professional manner.
- Support and coordinate multiple client accounts, with close attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
- Work with other FGH divisions to deliver integrated services including public affairs, advertising and branding, and public opinion research.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with team members across FGH’s global network of 19 offices.
- Contribute to business development proposals and process.
- Pioneer fresh ideas and innovative communications formats.
- Very strong writing, editing, and research skills with impeccable attention to detail.
- Familiarity with developing and executing communications campaigns – including engagement on digital and social channels.
- Experience in public policy, particularly in international affairs, national security, trade, global health/development or energy.
- Demonstrated familiarity with policy developments in the Middle East and related Congressional and Executive Branch stakeholders and processes.
- Experience providing policy or communications counsel to senior decision makers, including but not limited to lawmakers, senior federal agency officials (particularly Departments of State, Defense, and foreign assistance agencies), multilateral agency leaders (UN, World Bank, IMF, etc.), or private sector executives.
- Willingness to register with the Department of Justice to act as an agent of a foreign principal is highly desirable.
- Proven leadership of complex projects, excellent communication skills, and demonstrated teamwork.
- Ability to take initiative, manage deadlines and junior staff, and multitask in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- BA/BS degree in a related field and 5-10 years of relevant experience.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Exciting assignments and attractive development prospects in an international, team-oriented, and inspiring working environment.
- Insights into various industries and areas of expertise as part of our integrated project teams.
- Participation in internal and external trainings.
- Individual support and guidance from experienced consultants.
- Attractive corporate benefits and office in a central location.
FGH is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified candidates regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, national origin or age. Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please reference “Director Position (International Affairs) – Government Affairs” in the subject line of your email.
Job posted: 2021-11-03