Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, International Government Relations
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an Aerospace and Defense company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defense. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cybersecurity. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
To realize our full potential, Raytheon Technologies is committed to creating a company where all employees are respected, valued and supported in the pursuit of their goals. We know companies that embrace diversity in all its forms not only deliver stronger business results, but also become a force for good, fueling stronger business performance and greater opportunity for employees, partners, investors and communities to succeed.
The following position is to join our Corporate or Research Center Team:
Director, International Government Relations (Technology Release, Air Force Systems), leads coordination between the businesses and Department of Defense (DoD) officials on critical release, disclosure, and foreign military sales (FMS) and direct commercial sales (DCS) issues in support of highly complex Raytheon Technologies (RTX) international business objectives.
The successful candidate must demonstrate five key skills in particular:
- Achieving favorable DoD release approvals and foreign military and direct commercial sales decisions regarding Department of the Air Force-sponsored and commercial aviation systems and technologies for Raytheon Technologies programs from Collins Aerospace, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence and Space, and Raytheon Missiles and Defense.
- Outstanding internal consulting, staffing, and writing skills, with an ability to synthesize complex information to develop effective USG engagement strategies to achieve business results
- Decisive informal leadership, proactively coordinating among the businesses and USG officials on critical release, disclosure, and FMS issues in support of 30+ international efforts simultaneously at any phase of the business cycle
- Commitment to collaborative approaches within a high-performing RTX Global Government Relations team for engagement with U.S. and foreign governments
- Strong familiarity with Department of the Air Force (U.S. Air Force and U.S. Space Force) systems in the RTX portfolio, to include aircraft, sensors, effectors, space systems, powerplants, and avionics and other sub-systems
The Director is responsible technology release issues including, but are not limited to, Low-Observable / Counter-low Observable, anti-tamper, exceptions to national disclosure policy, Military Department (MILDEP) policy, co-production and co-development technology transfer, and other issues such as encryption, GPS, and cyber security, dual-use commercial technologies and the FMS, DCS or “hybrid” structure of the transaction.
The Director will develop and maintain trust-based relationships with key government officials in DoD staffs, including from the Department of the Air Force, the Defense Security Cooperation Agency and the Defense Technology Security Administration, among others. The position must lead cross-functional efforts from business units and International Government Relations to deliver relevant and timely information to DoD stakeholders. The incumbent must have exceptional written and oral communication skills to prepare draft white papers and talking points for the most senior leaders in the company and to pre-brief senior executives for U.S. Government engagements.
- Typically requires: A University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 14 years prior relevant experience, or An Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 12 years experience.
- Majors: International Affairs; any Science or Engineering discipline; Business Administration; Public Administration
- Twelve-plus years progressive experience working with aerospace and defense
- Relevant experience working with DoD international offices, particularly regarding defense and commercial aviation technologies
- At least Secret Clearance with current SSBI; prefer Top Secret
- Detailed understanding of Military Department and other DoD export processes
- Understanding of U.S. Government foreign military sales and direct commercial sales staffing processes
- Understanding of defense and dual-use export license processes
- Demonstrated ability as a cross-functional team leader
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Successful builder of relationships and trust with customers
- First-hand experience with DoD technology release, disclosure and foreign military sales processes
- First-hand experience with dual-use commercial aviation technologies
- Existing positive relationships with the relevant DoD offices
- General knowledge of the types of Raytheon Technologies products and services subject to release and disclosure reviews
- Prior experience in Government
Location: Rosslyn, VA
Clearance Level: Secret with current SSBI mandatory, Top Secret with current SSBI desired.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-07-16