Director, International Relations
Director, International Relations – Remote
Come Build The World With Us
This is the career you’ve been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you’ll get the unique chance to impact some of the world’s most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights.
Who We Are
We’re the World’s largest tool company. We’re industry visionaries. We’re solving problems and advancing the manufacturing trade through innovative technology and our Industry 4.0 Initiative. We are committed to ensuring our state-of-the-art “smart factory” products and services provide greater quality to our customers & greater environmental and social value to our planet. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn’t stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company.
Who You Are
You’re a curious problem solver who has the ability to bring big ideas to life. You’re creative and scrappy but can navigate a large organization with ease. You’re agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. You also have:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Communications or Political Science
- 6-8 years of corporate government relations or similar experience
- Approaches work with a global mindset
- Ability to convey complex messages clearly—oral and written —and to influence external audiences as well as corporate colleagues at all levels
- Strong presentation skills across all media
- Ability to create, curate, and manage relevant social media content and to reach target audiences
- Demonstrated project management skills, including balancing multiple assignments from conception to completion on schedule and within budget
What You’ll Do
As a Director of International Relations, you’ll work with Stanley Black and Decker to:
- Advocates Stanley Black & Decker’s position on public policies and operations matters with policymakers, connecting our Values, Purpose and business objectives to policy outcomes
- Builds Stanley Black & Decker’s social capital in our communities by serving as an ambassador for the Company with national, regional, and local government officials, and in the communities where Stanley Black & Decker operates
- Coordinates with global operations leaders and facility leaders in facilities around the world and provides guidance to these corporate and local leaders on how to conduct government and community relations with relevant decisionmakers.
- Develops productive working relationships with elected and appointed officials with jurisdictions over non-US operations and markets including the US-based diplomatic community, the US Departments of State and Commerce, congressional stakeholders, business councils and other membership organizations, and non-US government officials at all levels of government.
- Engages corporate, country, and facility leaders to create standard work to find creative ways to deliver business objectives through government and community relations initiatives including:
- Setting Stanley Black & Decker’s policy agenda in non-US markets;
- Preparing and organizing briefing documents on policy issues and policymaker engagements including facility tours and visits, and others
- Engaging in relevant business council leadership roles, and supporting SBD colleagues/leaders in others, to drive agendas, assert policy recommendations and advocacy strategies
- Formulates partnerships with internal stakeholders—employees, facility leaders and corporate leaders—to connect business objectives to government and community relations initiatives, and to support the engagement of local leaders with government officials for advocacy.
Benefits & Perks
You’ll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners.
What You’ll Also Get
- Career Opportunity: Career paths aren’t linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you’ll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that’s how the best work gets done. You’ll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You’ll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world’s largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies. SBD, a Fortune 200 company is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-24