Director of International Trade Policy
SIA seeks to hire a Director of International Trade Policy to lead the association’s global trade policy work across a variety of geographic and substantive trade policy issues, with a major focus on expanding global trade for the industry. The ideal candidate will have educational and prior work experience relevant to international trade issues. The position reports directly to SIA’s Vice President of Global Policy.
- Lead SIA’s international trade policy agenda development and policy advocacy. Work with SIA member companies to formulate positions on key issues relating to subsidies, tariffs, customs, bilateral, and multilateral trade agreements (i.e. WTO Information Technology Agreement), in addition to digital trade policy issues such as encryption and e-commerce. Serve as primary SIA staff liaison to the SIA International Trade Policy Committee;
- Act as primary SIA interface on trade policy issues with key U.S. government trade-related agencies such as USTR, the Department of Commerce, U.S. Customs, and the Treasury Department;
- Draft testimony, responses, comments, and other research documents for submission to international and federal entities.
- Lead SIA’s engagement in representing the U.S. semiconductor industry at the World Semiconductor Council;
- Maintain SIA relations with counterparts in associations in foreign capitals, foreign governments, and other global stakeholders; and
- Work closely with all staff to coordinate international events and outreach.
- Bachelors degree (B.A.), Masters degree preferred but not required;
- 7-15 years of professional experience in international trade or global technology issues, either in the private sector or government;
- Ability to work in international, cross-cultural environments;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; and
- Interest in the technology industry, especially semiconductors.
- This position is located in Washington D.C. (for now, work-from-home due to COVID-19)
- Frequent international travel required.
- Please send cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com.
Job posted: 2021-07-05