Director, Investor Relations
Incyte is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel medicines to meet serious unmet medical needs in oncology and inflammation and autoimmunity. Incyte is committed to the rigorous pursuit of research and development excellence to improve the lives of patients, make a difference in health care, and build sustainable value.
The Company strives to discover and develop first-in-class and best-in-class medicines-advancing a diverse portfolio of large and small molecules.
Job Summary (Primary function)
This position will support the development and execution of Incyte’s global Investor Relations (IR) program in collaboration with the Head of Investor Relations and other team members. This includes the development of key messages, the drafting of press releases and preparation of quarterly earnings materials and presentations for the investment community. In addition, the person in this role will be responsible for monitoring shareholder activity/ownership, business trends, peer activity and consensus estimates. The primary objective of the global IR program is to educate and update investors and security analysts about the Company, its strategic goals and its assets, attract targeted investors into the stock, and achieve a stock price that is appropriate both relative to the Company’s intrinsic value and as compared to its peers. In order to perform these activities, the individual will need to collaborate across multiple business functional areas.
Essential Functions of the Job (Key responsibilities)
• Collaborates with the Head of IR and other team members on the development and implementation of the Investor Relations strategy
• Develops investor target list and plan
• Creates strategic messaging and content for all IR presentations in collaboration with other relevant team members
• Collaborates with other relevant disciplines in creating the company’s external and internal messages and in ensuring that all company external and internal communications are integrated and consistent
• Creates and manages through approval the writing, editing and production of all IR-related materials e.g., Investor presentations, Corporate and Financial Press Releases, Annual Reports, and SEC-related filings
• Manages all Corporate IR/disclosure conference calls including conference call scripts, slides and Q&As, schedules practice sessions when needed
• Plans and manages content and logistics for Analyst Days
• Able to be point person for public disclosure to investors
• Manages IR section of the corporate website / collaborates on the other relevant sections
• Keeps the IR calendar (visits, NDRS, conferences, presentations) and ensures efficient and effective use of company resources and achievement of all key deadlines
• Contracts for and directs the IR CRM database and the monitoring and intelligence system that supports the investor relations program including surveillance and targeting
• Directs and executes the collection, analysis, and presentation of feedback to the company of investors’ perceptions and opinions, brokerage security analysts’ models, recommendations and summaries (including collation of consensus estimates), relative stock price movements, and periodic ownership analyses
• Tracks market and industry trends, announcements and/or events that bear directly on Incyte’s corporate value and reputation thus ensuring effective, relevant corporate message development and materials
• Executes ad-hoc projects and reports as needed
• Researches and monitors competitor, regulatory, and external activities and understand potential impact to Incyte
• Participates in the identification and management of outside consultants and vendors to ensure efficient use of resources
Qualifications (Minimal acceptable level of education, work experience, and competency)
• College or advanced degree with prior experience in the biopharmaceutical or life science environment
• A minimum of 10 years of related work experience with 5+ years in a communications/publications role
• A strong track record in creating effective presentations and related written and digital materials
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills
• Ability to digest large amounts of information and analyze/summarize key takeaways
• Ability to effectively communicate and partner with Incyte’s key stakeholders – both internal and external and be recognized as a trusted source of information and team player
• Solid understanding of the equity capital markets
• Consistently shows good business judgment and professional courage
• Ability to set priorities – quickly zeros in on critical tasks/issues and puts the less important aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; solution-minded / looks and identifies ways to eliminate roadblocks
• Team player – dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal and external audiences; awareness of impact on others
• Good listener; open minded
• Customer focus – appreciates need to continuously identify the needs of key publics and use these insights to maintain and improve relationships; acts with customers in mind and gains their trust and respect
• Solid work ethic – desire to be the best versus check a box
• Clear values – has a set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; no shift in values or confidence during a crisis
• Experience in the capital markets outside of an IR role would be a plus
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required.
Incyte Corporation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We Respect Your Privacy
Learn more at: http://www.incyte.com/privacy-policy
The Incyte hiring organization processes your personal data to manage your job application in order to enter into an employment relationship with you if you are the successful candidate.
During the process, you may be asked to respond to questions that will screen out your application if you do not meet certain objective criteria required by the job. You can learn more about this process here.
You may have the right to access, delete, restrict, edit, move, or object to the use of your personal data. You may also have a right to report concerns to the authority responsible for data privacy in the country where the position is based or where you live or work.
You can learn more about Incyte’s data protection practices here. By accessing this link you can learn about the types of personal data we collect, how we use it, whether collection and processing is optional, sources of the personal data we process, how it is shared, where it is stored or transferred to, how long we keep it, and contact information for Incyte, Incyte’s data protection officer, and your supervisory authority (if applicable).
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns or would like to exercise your rights.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-29