Director, Leadership Communications
Focus, Scope, & Impact:
Lead The Coca-Cola Company’s corporate leadership communications, including:
- Communications strategy and narrative development for the company’s most senior leaders (e.g., Executive Leadership Team)
- Enterprise-wide leader communications – including email, Yammer, Connect and other channels as appropriate
- Enterprise-wide town halls
- Provide guidance, coaching and messaging to internal communicators across global network who are focused on internal communications.
Working as part of the networked team coordinating across Global and OU PACS, Functions, HR and other senior leadership, this individual will develop and amplify communications that connect our leaders’ voices and visions to the employees who bring our strategies to life around the world every day. They will bring inspiration and storytelling to these initiatives.
They also must develop, collaborate and maintain relationships with key internal partners and decision-makers, including executive leaders and their office teams, HR leaders, media/external communicators, Platform Services, Global PACS and others. Ability to understand and bring diversity & inclusion into their work is a priority.
KEY SUCCESS PARAMETERS
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
- 10 years’ experience in public affairs, public relations and/or communications in public, private or NGO sector
- In-depth communications experience is preferred. Working understanding across multi-cultural, networked organization.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate complex issues to drive tangible business actions.
- Communications Strategy: Develop communications strategies in support of our leaders for internal & external events, publications (such as blog posts) and other scenarios.
- Narrative Development: Create, evolve and build narratives on behalf of the company as well as on behalf of individual leaders.
- Leader Engagement: Lead and participate in senior-level briefings within the company, as well as select external engagement on behalf of company leadership (e.g., interacting with key stakeholders who are part of panels with our leaders; driving the approach and narrative among divergent stakeholders internally and externally).
- Demonstrated Trust and Confidence: Regularly review as well as develop highly confidential content on behalf of the company and senior leaders, with the goal of creating content that drives the agenda with the company’s investor, media and stakeholder audiences.
- Leadership communicator with ability to influence leaders on their own communications approach and ability to develop and amplify a narrative.
- Internal communicator to build consensus, ensure alignment and buy-in from key internal stakeholders.
- Occasional interaction with external stakeholders on behalf of leaders. Must be able to represent the company well in all interactions.
KEY KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
MASTERY OF (REQUIRED)
1 EXPERIENCE IN STRATEGIC COMMUNICATION PLANS
2 COLLABORATIVE, NETWORK-ORIENTED MINDSET
3 CURIOSITY ABOUT A WIDE RANGE OF TOPICS, AND WILLINGNESS TO
4 EXCELLENT WRITTEN, VERBAL, INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS
5 STRONG ABILITY TO WORK AGILELY IN DIFFERENT TEAMS, BOTH INSIDE & OUTSIDE OF THE SYSTEM
BROAD EXPERTISE IN (GOOD TO HAVE)
1 EXPERIENCE IN WORKING WITH SENIOR LEADERS
2 EXPERIENCE WITH STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT
LEARN NEW AREAS
3 EXPERIENCES IN MEDIA, PUBLIC POLICY, DIGITAL OR SOCIAL MEDIA BRING DEPTH TO ROLE
4 SPEECHWRITING OR SOCIAL MEDIA SKILLS
5 DEMONSTRATED EXPERIENCE IN DRIVING AGREEMENT WITHIN AN ORGANIZATION (E.G., HR, ETC)
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-21