Director, Legislative Affairs
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Director of Legislative Affairs to work in our Washington D.C. location. This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Strategic Development and is responsible for directing business development and legislative affairs for General Atomics Aeronautical Systems (GA-ASI). This position represents GA-ASI Group on policy, funding and technical matters with members of the Executive and Legislative Branches of Government, directs the development and implementation of short and long-term objectives for the GA-ASI Group and consults with management and executive management to implement current, annual, and long-term business development and policy objectives for the organization. Provides guidance in implementing new and revised strategic objectives and acts as a liaison with other General Atomics & Affiliated Companies, associations, federal, state and local political and grass root organizations. This position represents GA-ASI Group with customers and potential customers, and business and non-business communities. Responsible for observing all laws to include applicable lobbying, contribution and foreign corruption practice act (FCPA) and applicable business regulations and company policy procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will contribute in the execution of all phases of business development, and management of legislative activities to ensure business and financial objectives are attained.
- Manage the development of new strategic business opportunities and expansion of existing business opportunities with Government and Commercial Strategic Development senior leaders, Strategic Development personnel and GA-ASI business units.
- Pursue business partnerships, regional policy or business alliances, and association alliances that enhance the capabilities of the organization.
- Manage activities to identify markets, licensing opportunities, and determine the feasibility of product development as it pertains to federal, state and local government requirements and available resources.
- Manage the assessment of potential international, US federal government and statewide business opportunities through activities such as identifying customer needs, international and US federal and state funding and policy legislation, business and policy trends, and monitoring competitive activity.
- Participate and influence the preparation of strategic government and commercial business plans worldwide and evaluate all potential domestic and international business plans for potential policy conflicts with Congress and US Department of State.
- Provide guidance, assistance and advice to individual business units in the form of research and insight into matters pertaining to funding, policy and export of key GA-ASI technologies worldwide.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ensure all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Ensure work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a Bachelors or Masters in business administration or a related field and fifteen or more years of progressively complex experience in business development with at least nine years managing business development activities. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required. Active DoD Secret Security Clearance is desired.
- Must demonstrate a detailed and extensive expertise and application of business development principles and concepts, and practice as well as comprehensive project management and leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones.
- Must possess the ability to resolve unusually complex problems; serve as spokesperson on projects; and be an expert in one or more areas of business development.
- Strong communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other departments, all levels of management, professional and support staff, customers, potential customers, and government representatives.
- Customer focused, must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-28