Director, Legislative Strategy
BSA | The Software Alliance (www.bsa.org) is the leading advocate for the global software
and enterprise technology industry. Its members are among the world’s most innovative
companies, creating software solutions that grow jobs and improve modern life. With
headquarters in Washington, DC, operations in more than 30 countries, and a US 50 state
program, BSA is the only one-stop shop association for technology policy advocacy.
BSA is currently seeking an experienced government relations professional to drive
legislative efforts for the organization. The individual will represent BSA and its member
companies before the U.S. Congress and with federal agencies. The ideal candidate has
experience and working relationships with Members of Congress, their staffs and relevant
federal agencies, is extremely organized, detail oriented and analytical. A strong
understanding of the software industry and a history working in some or all of BSA’s key
issue areas – consumer data privacy, international data flows and digital trade,
cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, workforce issues – is a plus. This position will report to
the Vice President, Legislative Strategy and work closely with the Director, Legislative
Strategy and the BSA policy team to develop government relations strategies and implement
plans to advance BSA’s global advocacy agenda.
Professional Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree required.; Law or other relevant graduate degree a plus.
• Minimum 5-10 years’ relevant work experience.
• Understanding of BSA’s key issue areas – data privacy and security, international
data flows, intellectual property, international trade, cybersecurity, artificial
intelligence, workforce issues.
• Demonstrated ability to organize policy and social events, roundtable discussions,
and other group activities.
• Experience on Capitol Hill and/or in an Administration; experience in the private
sector representing clients before policymakers a plus.
• Politically savvy with relevant and established contacts and relationships.
• Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and engagement skills.
• Experience working with diverse coalitions and ability to develop and facilitate
strategy across a network of internal and external partners.
Position Description: Director, Legislative Strategy
• Results driven, action-oriented self-starter.
• Develop and execute legislative strategies to achieve BSA policy goals.
• Serve as a BSA representative for building and maintaining relationships with
Members of Congress and their staffs.
• Work closely with the VP, Legislative Strategy and Director, Legislative Strategy.
• Design and implement events with Members of Congress and staff focused on BSA
issue areas and relationship development.
• Support the successful development and execution of BSA member and executive
events and fly-ins.
• Maintain close relations with BSA member companies.
• Use and develop relationships with other industry groups and organizations to build
coalitions and partnerships to achieve policy goals
• Organize events for BSA’s Political Action Committee.
o Execute BSA PAC fundraising events and activities.
About BSA Benefits:
BSA recognizes that benefits play an important role in your selection of an employer. We
offer generous benefits including many unique benefits and perks to our employees in
locations around the world and encourage everyone to live a healthy, balanced life. Our
comprehensive benefits include:
• Generous health, disability and life insurance
• Exceptional 401k plan employer contributions
• Year-end office shut down between Christmas and New Year’s
• Three weeks’ paid sabbatical every five years
• Generous paid maternity and bonding leave
• Emergency backup child care
• Health/Fitness and Financial/Tax Advice allowance
• Professional development, continuing education (including tuition reimbursement)
• Casual dress
• And much more!
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to
email@example.com. Include the position title and location in your Subject Line.
BSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We embrace and reflect diversity
in our staff and seek skilled individuals who are motivated and passionate about the industry,
our work and expansive community.
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at BSA | The Software Alliance!
Job posted: 2021-09-01