Director, Legislative Strategy
BSA is currently seeking an experienced government relations professional to drive legislative efforts for the organization. The individual will represent BSA and its member companies before the U.S. Congress and with federal agencies. The ideal candidate has experience and working relationships with Members of Congress, their staffs and relevant federal agencies, is extremely organized, detail oriented and analytical. A strong understanding of the software industry and a history working in some or all of BSA’s key issue areas – data privacy and security, international data flows, intellectual property, international trade, cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, workforce issues – is a plus. This position will report to the Vice President, Legislative Strategy and work closely with the other Director, Legislative Strategy and the BSA policy team to develop government relations strategies and implement plans to advance BSA’s global advocacy agenda.
Professional Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Law or other relevant graduate degree a plus.
- Minimum 7-10 years’ relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of BSA’s key issue areas – data privacy and security, international data flows, intellectual property, international trade, cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, workforce issues.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results through events, strategies, and other projects.
- Experience on Capitol Hill and/or in an Administration required; experience in the private sector representing clients before policymakers a plus.
- Politically savvy with relevant and established contacts and relationships.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and engagement skills.
- Articulates thoughts clearly and effectively demonstrating an understanding of the issues, challenges and how to navigate to achieve progress toward desired outcomes.
- Experience working with diverse coalitions and ability to develop and facilitate strategy across a network of internal and external partners.
- Results driven, action-oriented self-starter.
- Ability to multitask, stay organized, meet commitments, deadlines and deliver results on time.
- Develop and execute strategies to achieve BSA policy goals.
- Serve as a BSA representative for building and maintaining relationships with Members of Congress and their staffs on behalf of BSA and its member companies.
- Work closely with the VP, Legislative Strategy.
- Drive and deliver, in collaboration with VP, Legislative Strategy, government relations activities to advance legislation and generate legislative activity to achieve specific policy goals.
- Design and implement events for Members of Congress and staff focused on key BSA issue areas.
- Serve as a key contributor to the successful development and execution of BSA member and executive events and fly-ins.
- Maintain close relations with BSA member companies.
- Use and develop relationships with other industry groups and organizations to build coalitions and partnerships to achieve policy goals
- Build upon existing knowledge and understanding of the software industry and BSA’s key issue areas – including intellectual property, international trade, data, security, privacy, procurement and workforce issues.
- Help ensure BSA member companies are active in discussing and formulating action plans to support BSA strategic goals and are kept abreast of ongoing initiatives and activities.
- Help manage BSA’s Political Action Committee:
- Working with the VP, Legislative Strategy, develop and implement strategic PAC engagement plan.
- Execute BSA PAC fundraising events and activities.
- Other work and projects as required or assigned.
To apply, click here: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/cap/view/932097209/?pathWildcard=932097209&trk=job_capjs
Job posted: 2018-11-28