Director-Life Sciences Pricing and Government Policy Consulting
Navigant (Guidehouse Company) is making significant investments to expand the company’s presence in market access, which includes pricing, reimbursement policy and government affairs, and health economics.
This position is for an Director, Life Sciences role with specific expertise in reimbursement policy and government affairs, strategic planning, and implementation.
The Director role is a highly visible and challenging position that draws heavily upon all of the analytical, creative, and interpersonal skills essential to effective strategy consulting.
This role requires a keen ability to engage clients and lead project teams in effectively delivering projects of the highest quality.
In addition, a Director identifies business opportunities for clients as new or follow-on work. The ability to assume complete ownership of significant projects while at the same time being a part of and leading a close-knit team is critical.
Specific responsibilities include :
- Unique subject matter expertise in developing and executing reimbursement policy initiatives for industries and clients
- Detailed understanding of CMS national and local coverage policies including coverage with evidence development, IPPS / OPPS / MPFS / CLFS / PAMA / DMEPOS / ASP rulemaking for payment policies, MEDCAC processes, etc.
- Keen attention to detail and experience drafting policy documents in a variety of formats (presentations, applications, comment letters, etc.)
- Experience applying for and securing CPT and HCPCS coding
- Existing relationships with CMS officials, HCPCS committee members, AMA CPT Advisors at specialty societies involved with AMA CPT coding and RVU / RUC processes
- Must think strategically yet oversee tactical implementations
- Create and oversee execution of internal initiatives to build a stronger division, such as training, process mapping, quality improvement, etc.
- Participate in developments within industry, policy, regulatory, payer, and provider spheres to inform business development initiatives and client engagements
- Must be a talented consensus builder
- Must be able to coach a diverse group of employees, identify critical milestones, and hold teams and individuals accountable for project milestones and deliverables
- Must have the ability to accommodate travel at the request of the business
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously of all varying sizes and durations
- Supervises, mentors, and develops Navigant personnel
- Manages client interactions and expectations
- Contributes to add-on revenue generation with existing clients
- Participates in non-client related firm-building activities
- Assumes greater responsibility for quality control of client work product
- Adheres to Navigant risk management guidelines
- Identifies and evaluates issues for risk management
- Generates thought leadership
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in industry or life sciences with at least 3 years in management or reimbursement consulting developing and executing reimbursement policy initiatives for industries and clients
- Proven track record in account management and annual sales of $1.5M+
- Demonstrated examples of project work that show casing strong conceptual, qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- 5+ yrs. of project management skills are imperative for leading multiple teams
- Education Requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Advanced degree (MBA, MPH, MS, JD) preferred
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-16