Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director of Local and State Affairs
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 994 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
The Director of Local and State Affairs at Prologis is responsible for building and executing Prologis’ community and government relations strategy at the local and state level. The Director of Local and State Affairs will be focused on helping to advance efforts to effectively engage and collaborate with communities and governments to advance the development and operation of Prologis’ industry-leading portfolio of logistics real estate. This leader is charged with growing the relationships and engagement Prologis has with community and government stakeholders while mitigating regulatory, policy, and public relations risks. They will do this by proactively advancing Prologis solutions to improve the logistics industry through its core business offerings. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in real estate, construction, infrastructure, or related industries and possess deep expertise in communications, policy analysis, and government affairs.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Lead the development of community and government affairs strategy and implementation on a jurisdiction-by-jurisdiction basis.
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop robust and effective community engagement strategies.
- Support the Director of Government Affairs in aligning local issues with state policy trends and effectively advocating for Prologis.
- Act as an internal SME on all matters related to local government and community relations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local and state officials, agencies, and stakeholders to foster positive understanding of Prologis’ business and objectives.
- Work with internal stakeholders to craft policy and public affairs agendas, and development operational plans to execute strategy.
- Lead the creation of marketing, communications, and external messaging documents in collaboration with internal departments.
- Collaborate with Prologis teams including development, construction, global communications, ventures, market operations, and legal to advance policy and community affairs objectives.
- Provide leadership and expertise to market teams across the United States in engaging with local and state officials, effective community engagement, and positioning of Prologis to successfully advance business objectives.
- Support internal stakeholders including CEO, General Counsel, and senior management to appropriately engage government officials and support policy initiatives.
- Collaborate with regional and local teams to select and manage outside public affairs consultants to develop and execute operational plans.
- Support, drive, and maximize Prologis’ trade association memberships.
- Represent Prologis’ in relevant hearings, meetings, and conferences.
- Support the community impact team in the development and implementation of philanthropic strategies that will create meaningful results.
Tell us if you’re ready:
- 8+ years of experience working in and leading government and community affairs strategy.
- You must have excellent organizational skills and be a strong written and verbal communicator, with great attention to detail. You will need to be able to work independently in a constantly changing and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Deep experience and understanding of construction, real estate, infrastructure, or related industry policy issues and government affairs approaches.
- Ability to understand local policy issues including zoning, planning, and development related issues.
- Particular understanding of the California political environment and urban politics.
- Strong background in community and economic development
- Experience in nonprofit partnerships and philanthropic giving.
Target base compensation range of: $120,000 – $150,000. Salary and whole compensation package (including bonus target) to be determined by the candidate’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
San Francisco, California
Dallas, Texas, Denver, Colorado, Remote – US
As a condition to the commencement of your employment, Prologis requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. You are considered fully vaccinated two (2) weeks after your second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two (2) weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. In addition, we are now requiring all employees to get a vaccine booster when eligible. Prologis will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation as to the vaccination requirement on the basis of a disability or sincerely-held religious belief in accordance with applicable law.
Please apply at through this link: https://prologis.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Prologis_External_Careers/details/Director-of-Local-and-State-Affairs_R3228-1?q=state
Job posted: 2022-04-18