Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director of Marketing and Communication
The National Pest Management Association is seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as the head of the Association’s Marketing and Communications Department. This position will lead the organization in its approach to marketing and communicating with over 5,000 member companies and the broader $10B structural pest control industry. With three direct reports, this person will develop and implement strategy focused on recruiting new members, increasing conference attendance, and utilizing modern day communication approaches to keep members informed of NPMA efforts related to our mission and vision.
NPMA has a unique culture that empowers individuals to move the Association and Industry forward through new initiatives, innovative solutions, and creative endeavors. Although we have a nearly 90-year history as an organization, NPMA still offer employees the flexibility and ingenuity to make a positive impact on our shared future.
Now for the obligatory details…
- Direct the development and execution of NPMA’s marketing and communications plan, consistent with the association’s strategic objectives.
- Analyze and interpret data that will provide the ability to market and communicate more effectively with our members and industry.
- Prepare, support, and monitor annual budget for communications and marketing initiatives
- Initiate marketing activities that contribute to a strong, positive image for the association
- Ability to develop marketing and communications plans to meet the goals of several NPMA product areas, member services, events, and strategic initiatives for the association
- Serve as the brand steward for the organization, ensuring that core themes and messages are delivered consistently to targeted audiences, which meet the needs and expectations of specific audiences
- Manage project and production workflow process for the department
- Oversee editorial content and business operations of all print and electronic vehicles for NPMA and managed associations
- Serve as managing editor for the associations’ print magazine
- Work closely with Membership Department to develop and implement member recruitment campaigns
- Analyze inbound and outbound member engagement
- Oversee content and functionality of the NPMA website, micro-sites, community website, and mobile app
- Build and maintain a good working relationship with trade media and vendors
- Serve as Staff Liaison for Marketing to Membership Committee
- Advise staff and Board of Directors on communications best practices and consistently provide recommended courses of action so that NPMA marketing is always leading with regard to its marketing and communications initiatives
- Continually review ways to improve/enhance external communications
- Attract, recruit, retain and motivate a highly trained and qualified department
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Marketing and Communications or related discipline
- Requires a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in marketing, communication, program/product marketing, and/or member communications programs (trade association experience preferred)
- Must possess strong initiative and be results-oriented
- Requires excellent written and oral and interpersonal communication and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and deadline-driven marketing environment
- Requires expert-level knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Web applications, including Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of association AMS and CMS systems for member management and communications, including project management and workflow systems
- Requires knowledge of how to market and communicate effectively via social media platforms
- Ability to management an internal team, in addition to, a team of contract partners who support marketing and communications goals for the association
- Ability to understand and concisely communicate the benefits, programs and goals of the NPMA, as aligned with the organizations strategic plan.
Email email@example.com for more information
Job posted: 2021-12-26