Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director of Marketing & Communication
We are looking for a Director of Marketing & Communication to champion the communication of ETM driving broader awareness of the organization and cultivating our relationships with media, engaging our target audience and boosting our brand awareness.
If you’re interested in leading our Marketing team to write effective press releases, build online communities and coordinate events, we would like to meet you. You will use your creative ideas to drive initiatives that’ll bring long-term success. Also, you’ll coordinate with internal teams (e.g. Development and Programs) to maximize brand consistency in all advertising efforts.
Ultimately, you will promote and maintain a positive image of our company, while ensuring strong online and offline brand presence.
This position is responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of ETM’s public relations and marketing strategies; developing and maintaining a consistent brand presence; and coordinating ETM’s communication pieces including newsletters, brochures, videos, social media, media relations and website development.
- Set objectives for the Marketing team and monitor and develop team members’ performance
- Maximize brand presence on various channels (e.g. web, TV and social media)
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with media and influential professionals
- Ensure brand consistency in all advertising efforts
- Work closely with the development team to build donor support
- Organize PR events to increase awareness of our company
- Track and influence media coverage
- Continued development and monitoring of company website
- Report on PR campaigns’ results
- Manage sensitive issues to maintain company’s good reputation
- Develop a vision for ETM’s image and position, ensuring consistent communication of image and position throughout the Organization and to all constituencies, both internal and external
- Develop and maintain a constituent-focused messaging and motivational strategy by identifying and describing ETM’s main audiences, researching their values needs, expectations, and defining the actions ETM would want them to take
- Create, implement and measure the success of comprehensive marketing and PR campaigns to increase ETM’s awareness among the general public, donors, government and other key influencers
- Spearhead media plans and actively engage press interest in the Organization, making regular contact with key media professionals and providing timely and appropriate responses to media requests
- Oversee digital marketing strategies including SEO, SEM and ETM’s online presence
- Collaborate closely with ETM’s Development team for editorial, design, production and distribution of all Organization publications (print and electronic), stationery, and branded materials including building donor support
- Collaborate with ETM’s Program department to communicate about ETM’s success in schools, create promotional materials to support Program initiatives, and support recruitment of new teachers
- Develop the organization’s marketing budget and manage within it
- Proven work experience in Marketing, Communication and/or Public Relations
- Solid experience coordinating successful Marketing campaigns
- Expertise in different social networks, including Facebook and Twitter
- Expertise in website development, communication strategy and monitoring
- Social media expertise targeting development, engagement and exposure
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with confidence to serve as the company’s spokesperson
- Team management skills
- Ability to foster long-term relationships with key professionals
- BS in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or relevant field
The compensation for this position is commensurate with experience with a baseline of $120K.
Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision
Flexible Work Schedule
403B Retirement Benefits
Generous PTO, Holidays, Summer Fridays
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-12-28