Director, Marketing & Communications
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage marketing team, including hiring, firing, evaluation, and mentoring of staff.
- Oversee marketing activities including brand management, strategic communications, PR, website, and social media.
- Assist in developing strategic plans to focus and prioritize CSE new business opportunities and corporate positioning.
- Oversee the development of strategies and methods to engage target markets and stakeholders, with special focus on increasing participation by lower income consumers.
- Oversee the creative design and art production for graphic material to be presented by visual communications media such as packaging, brochures, magazines, exhibit, newspaper, television and electronic media.
- Oversee the creation, editing, and production of compelling and creative written copy content for brochures, newsletters, print ads, presentations, web, recruiting event and support materials, and electronic communications that will drive the reader to action.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish and monitor priorities, and conduct annual performance appraisals.
- Manage department budget and regularly monitor actual expenses versus budgeted amounts. Communicate significant budget variances to executive management. Recommend budget revisions and/or changes to department activities that keep expenses within budget and staff utilization rates on target.
- Provide marketing and communications strategic positioning recommendations to program staff.
- Interact and support program staff in the delivery of program objectives
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Role Specific Responsibilities:
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with strategic account development and client relationship management
- Proven leadership skills with experience managing and leading high impact teams
- Effective with delivery of strategic plans, developing strategic partnerships, and resolving escalated matters.
- Experience in clean energy and related technologies, consulting sales and/or business development preferred.
- Strong communicator, able to make effective “business case” through case studies, presentations sales/technical consulting pitches and or proposals
- Entrepreneurial spirit as evidenced by a track record of accomplishing a lot on limited resources; experience with an “all hands on deck” environment; and ability to act nimbly and strategically to grow new markets, develop teams and foster relationships
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of Marketing, Communications/Public Relations to drive the organization’s strategic goals, including but not limited to business development, and program and policy support.
- Demonstrate skills and experience necessary to support and grow CSE’s brand awareness related to the expertise and services of CSE in key markets, both established and emerging.
- Have experience working across multiple programs, or channels, to support and enhance CSE’s market transformation mission and strengthen the organization’s position as an objective leader in the clean energy space.
- Ability to collaborate across multiple functional areas
- Ability to collaborate well with others both externally and internally.Passion for CSE’s mission and approach.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent work experience required
- Master’s degree preferred
- 10 or more years of directly related experience
Licenses, Certificates or Registrations:
- None required
- Works in an office environment
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-05