Director Of Marketing And Communications
Kivvit is one of the most award-winning and fastest-growing independent strategic communications and public affairs firms in the United States. Our motto is “Insights Drive Results” because the heart of our work integrates cutting-edge data tools and technology to create impactful strategies and measurable outcomes for our clients.
We are committed to building the agency of the future and have invested in creating a best-in-class culture that fosters collaboration, creativity, and innovation across our teams. Our success delivering on these priorities has earned Kivvit significant recognition as Public Affairs Firm of the Year (Reed Awards), Most Innovative Agency (Bulldog PR Awards), North American Digital Agency of the Year (Provoke), and a Best Agency to Work For (Provoke).
As our Director of Marketing and Communications, Kivvit will be your client and you will work as a senior member of our team, designing and executing communications and marketing programs that advance Kivvit’s priority business objectives, including business development, awards recognition, talent recruitment, thought leadership, and brand positioning among key audiences.
This position can be located in either our Chicago, New Jersey, New York City, or Washington, D.C. offices.
The role will oversee a hybrid of strategic communications/marketing and editorial/content functions.
On the strategic communications/marketing side, this position will manage a team to execute the firm’s core communications, marketing, and brand positioning functions including:
- Develop and deliver key marketing strategies to promote Kivvit, working along-side senior leadership and staff from across the firm to build agency awareness and reputation among key audiences of prospective talent, prospective and existing clients, and industry/market leaders.
- Direct the creation and ongoing management of an editorial calendar that aligns Kivvit’s social media, website, and earned media assets in support of major announcements and new business objectives.
- Develop paid/sponsorship programs that amplify Kivvit’s owned, social, and earned communications to target audiences, using KPIs/metrics to determine best practices and measure the success of communications/marketing strategies.
- Manage the firm’s award submission process to showcase Kivvit talent and work and win external validation of Kivvit as the Agency of the Future and public affairs leader in our key markets/sectors.
- Identify and secure earned media opportunities that showcase Kivvit talent, work, and innovation, including newsworthy data insights and subject matter expertise of professionals.
- Oversee Kivvit.com and lead the relaunch of the existing website.
- Build and maintain a firm-wide repository of marketing materials, including proposals, case studies, capabilities documents, outstanding work products, and other collateral.
- Establish a process for vetting new business opportunities and tracking firmwide business development pursuits.
On the editorial/content side, this position will be charged with showcasing the agency’s culture, achievements, and data-driven thought leadership through compelling content:
- Collaborate with professionals and teams across the agency to identify and tell stories that showcase our exceptional talent and work.
- Serve as lead editor of Kivvit’s online newsroom, overseeing direction-setting for our editorial calendar and development of its infrastructure and platforms (i.e. website, social handles, newsletter lists, etc.).
- Work collaboratively with Kivvit teams to champion thought leadership content from
- conceptualization to completion, with an eye towards ensuring quality, newsworthiness, and actionability for target audiences.
- Direct paid, earned, and social amplification of Kivvit content, analyzing metrics to drive strategy and ensure our work is effectively engaging target audiences in key market and sectors.
Desired qualifications and experience:
- Eight or more years of experience in public relations, corporate communications, agency, media and/or political campaigns.
- Track record of managing teams, time-sensitive workplans, processes, and budgets.
- Excellent writing, research and presentation skills.
- Expertise in storytelling, the creative process, and brand marketing.
- Fluency in standard practice digital communications strategies and tactics including paid media, organic social media, email/mobile campaigns, etc.
- Understanding of reporting and analytics and research tools to glean valuable campaign insights that ensure campaigns are constantly optimized.
- Ability to clearly communicate strategies and tactics.
- Comfortable working autonomously while also thriving on collaboration.
High-level role with an award-winning firm leading the way in pioneering innovative and cutting-edge public affairs campaigns, while offering:
- Competitive compensation
- 401-k match
- Company-provided health care
- Annual continuing education stipend
- Generous PTO policy
- Collaborative culture
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-24