Director of Marketing & Communications
TITLE: Director of Marketing & Communications
JOB LOCATION: 122 W 27th Street
JOB STATUS: Full-time
AVAILABILITY: Requires flexibility during nonstandard hours
The Director of Marketing & Communications is the organizational leader responsible for crafting and implementing strategic communications and marketing plans for Greenwich House and our affiliated programs and projects. The Director reports to the CEO and works closely with our internal and external stakeholders to advance the organization’s mission and brand. They oversee the creation of promotional and informative materials across all platforms to elevate awareness of our programs and services among existing and new clients, students, funders, elected officials, and neighbors. The Director works with all forms of media, including press releases and digital campaigns, print materials, social media and other channels.
- Create a long-term, integrated communications strategy that advances and elevates our organization’s mission, brand and public recognition.
- Manage an editorial calendar spotlighting and promoting Greenwich House programs to stakeholders; elevate program staff as subject matter experts and thought leaders in the general media.
- Develop and implement a Department budget and program communications/marketing budgets.
- Plan and direct in-person and online events with program directors and stakeholders to make connections, exchange ideas, and spotlight the work happening at Greenwich House.
- Oversee communication and marketing strategies to broaden awareness of Greenwich House and strengthen our brand identity across multiple platforms; keep supporters and partners informed and engaged and support Greenwich House’s communication and engagement objectives.
- Establish and monitor benchmarks for measuring the effectiveness of communication efforts; analyze, review, and report on results.
- Distill complex information into a simple, clear message using stories, and community information that are relevant and resonate with donors, board members, foundations, elected officials, volunteers, local communities and businesses, and general audience.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure strong communications across all program areas and to gather stories and statistics that demonstrate the organization’s work to supporters and partners.
- Represent the organization at public events, conferences, workshops, and in media interactions; develop and maintain relationships with key local media outlets.
- Understand industry trends, utilize technologies and new platforms to improve results.
- Support executive leadership in developing presentations, speeches, and other important messages.
- Manage and supervise departmental staff, including performance management and professional development.
- Perform other tasks and special projects as assigned by the CEO.
- 10+ years of experience in the communications/marketing field, at least 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- A demonstrated track record of designing and executing overall communication strategies and implementing key initiatives.
- Experience in cultivating relationships, partnering on projects, and working closely with stakeholders across the broader media/marketing communities.
- Experience in managing digital elements of campaigns and initiatives, including website content, social media, email management, digital advertising, and online advocacy and organizing tools.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with media, and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements.
- Strong storytelling skills and demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.
- Must be a self-directed strategic thinker, problem solver, and idea generator with critical, analytical and creative skills.
- Passionate about the mission/vision of Greenwich House, and new initiatives being planned and pursued around health/wellness, youth/education, arts/culture, and senior/community service.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Technical skills, including strong knowledge of WordPress, Constant Contact, HTML, web publishing tools and processes, and social media tools. Familiarity with electronic donor tracking systems, Raiser’s Edge Donor Tracking System is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience.
Instructions to Apply
Please submit the application with a 1-page cover letter and resume through ADP. The link is: https://tinyurl.com/huhjcjc3
Equal Employment Opportunity
Greenwich House is strongly committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all individuals.
Job posted: 2021-09-06