Director, Marketing Communications
Who We Are:
We are experts in catalyzing conversations and connections that lead to better health for people everywhere.
At M Booth Health, we bring a unique mix of professional health and consumer connectors to every challenge. Our specialists have deep expertise and success navigating the complex commercial, policy and advocacy environments, and we are dedicated to achieving meaningful and measurable outcomes resulting in near perfect client satisfaction ratings year after year.
We believe that better health starts with better conversations. Let’s talk.
Who You Are:
The Director is a mid-level professional focused on management of complex client projects and day to day team management. At M Booth Health, we are team-oriented, as such, the Director has a broad range of strategic communications experience in the pharmaceutical and medical fields and thrives in a collaborative environment. The Director manages projects for their primary clients and provides project support to other accounts, as needed, in the areas of women’s health, pharmaceutical products and devices, reimbursement, patient and advocacy communications, educational awareness campaign and scientific data support.
The Director serves as a visible client contact and provides strategic counsel while spending significant time developing and managing their team.
The Director is committed to constant growth and works closely with their senior manager to hone skills in leadership, management, client presentation and networking. In this leadership training role, the Director also partners with their senior manager in managing client accounts for growth, supporting lead identification and creating opportunities for staff to contribute to the company’s goals.
This is an ideal position for a motivated and passionate communications professional who has a sophisticated understanding of the health environment. The Director reports to a Vice President or a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
What You’ll Do:
Account & General Management
- Develops and manages projects related to every aspect of agency services, including strategies, implementation plans, staffing, timelines, communications materials, evaluation tools and budgets
- Serves as a day-to-day contact on client accounts
- Provides strategic counsel to both clients and staff
- Creates and tracks project work plans and budgets to ensure timely completion and quality of client deliverables
- Spends significant time drafting and editing client deliverables
- Organizes and attends client meetings and supports the development and delivery of client presentations
- Manages top-tier reporter and media relationships and outreach
- Manages project teams and ensures the agency’s full resources are maximized
- Manages and mentors the team’s Senior Associates and junior staff
- Participates in hiring, assessment and career development opportunities
- Identifies professional development opportunities for team members and conducts staff reviews for direct reports
- Partners with senior manager to hone skills in leadership, management, client presentation techniques and networking
Financial & Administrative
- Manages client account budget development and monitoring of financial performance
- Manages overall workflow for significant projects and client deliverables
- Ensures clients are invoiced in a timely manner
- Assists in preparing regular account check-ins with clients and presents accomplishments and plans for the next period
- Partners with senior management team in the development of client revenue projections, managing accounts for growth and lead identification
What You’ll Bring:
- 6-8 years of experience in a PR, health advocacy or communications setting with experience in healthcare and/or pharmaceutical communications
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Superb management skills – balancing discipline with flexibility
- Capacity to motivate and inspire staff and colleagues
- Experience managing budgets
- Experienced in traditional media pitching, digital/social native
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a collaborative style and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work effectively within time constraints
- Positive, energetic attitude; enthusiasm and dedication to exceptional work products; sense of humor
- Experience developing digital and social media strategies essential
- Knowledge of Spanish not required but preferred
What We’ll Bring
Here are a few highlights of our benefits offerings as an M Boother:
- A workplace that’s alive with courage, ideas, respect and humanity
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- A 401(k) Savings Plan and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid holidays, Unlimited Paid Time Off (Personal, Sick, Vacation), and Summer Fridays
- Additional Perks: Family Leave, Well-Being Programs, & Commuter Benefits
M Booth Health is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-11-14