Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Marketing Communications
Nacha governs the thriving ACH Network, the payment system that drives safe, smart, and fast Direct Deposits and Direct Payments with the capability to reach all U.S. bank and credit union accounts. Nearly 27 billion ACH Network payments were made in 2020, valued at close to $62 trillion. Through problem-solving and consensus-building among diverse payment industry stakeholders, Nacha advances innovation and interoperability in the payments system. Nacha develops rules and standards, provides industry solutions, and delivers education, accreditation, and advisory services. To do all of this, we rely on the heart of Nacha – our people and Core Values.
Nacha Core Values
Nacha has the distinct honor of being named one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia for three years in a row.
Being a team member of Nacha means adopting and living our Core Values. As the problem solvers and consensus builders who enable payments to securely reach virtually every American, WE ACHieve success through teamwork, commitment and innovative thinking.
To join Nacha is to exemplify our Core Values by: not sitting on the sidelines but being doers. We don’t shy away from tough problems or long odds – we do what is right, which may not be easy. We foster curiosity and embrace learning to broaden our expertise. We are each great, but together we are better and foster a respectful, diverse and inclusive work culture. And finally, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We bring our ‘A’ game and still have fun. We celebrate successes and have a friendly and fun work environment.
The Director, Marketing Communications manages the communications for member-produced deliverables and provides backup media relations, press release, editorial review and website content support. The position also manages the marketing for three Nacha membership programs and two professional accreditations.
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities
- Creatively conceptualizes and implements ways to effectively communicate Payments Innovation Alliance deliverables (e.g., microsites, annual reports, guides)
- Plans, develops and executes the marketing for the Payments Innovation Alliance, Affiliate and Afinis Interoperability Standards membership programs
- Acts as back-up support for media inquiries, press release writing/distribution and website content creation/updates
- Serves as a copy editor to ensure content is clear, consistent, complete, grammatically correct, and follows AP Style and Nacha’s Communications Guide
- Develops and executes accreditation (Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) and Accredited Payments Risk Professional (APRP)) marketing plans to attract test candidates and communications to celebrate AAP and APRP professionals
- Handles contract coordination for newswire services and relevant news subscription services, and distributes weekly news clips
Required Background / Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experienced and detail-oriented professional who knows how to reach and engage with target audiences, and has the ability to analyze results/trends and course correct
- Proficient in developing and executing marketing plans that keep prospects engaged throughout the funnel
- Copy editor who is well versed in AP Style
- Communicator with experience in media relations, development/organization of issue briefs/talking points, and Cision (or similar platform)
- Highly collaborative team member with strong interpersonal skills
- Focused project manager with superior time-management and organizational skills to implement projects end-to-end that are on time and within budget
- Professional that is a problem solver, possesses sound judgment and works well under pressure
- Self-starter with a well-developed aptitude for leading, building, and participating in teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to embrace and apply the association’s core values
- Four or more years of direct marketing/communications experience, preferably in a nonprofit or financial services setting
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of HubSpot
- Content administration experience using Drupal 9 CMS
- Experience in developing and executing membership marketing recruitment and retention strategies
As part of the Communications, Marketing & Sales group, the Director, Marketing Communications must possess strong customer service skills, have a wide variety of knowledge and skill sets, and be able to troubleshoot a wide variety of issues. Beyond subject matter and functional mastery, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Ability to operate in high pressure environment and successfully handle multiple priorities
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Willingness to help staff members with issues
- Professionalism, responsibility and decorum
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- No direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum four years’ overall experience
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing and light lifting of boxes and materials are required. This would require the ability to lift files/boxes, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Nacha provides a competitive, comprehensive benefits package to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Short- and Long-term Disability, FSA, HSA, 401k with Match, VAC/SICK/HOL, Wellness Reimbursement and promotes a culture that encourages learning and professional development.
If you would like to be a part of a dynamic team, please submit your cover letter and resume to NachaJobs@nacha.org, attention Human Resources.
Nacha is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Job posted: 2021-12-26