Director of Marketing and Communications
New York, NY
Rethink is currently seeking a Director of Marketing and Communications. This position is based in New York, NY and reports to the Executive Director. The position will offer an outstanding opportunity to join a rapidly growing nonprofit. The candidate will have the chance to join an organization during a time of evolution and growth and understand the need for effective marketing and communications at this stage of the organization’s development.
- Oversee the Marketing and Communications departments of the organization
- Report directly to the Executive Director, and manage respective department staff.
- Maintaining Rethink’s brand and voice (including strategic initiatives; Rethink Certified and Rethink Cafes)
- Oversee production of all marketing touchpoints, this includes but not limited to:
- Social media (design, strategy, and execution)
- Internal and external presentations needs
- Internal and external signage and communication needs
- Website updates and management
- Create and manage brand guidelines, and make sure they are being adhered to from all national and local touchpoints.
- Media Relations: Proactive pitching, reactive handling, and active monitoring of media on Rethink’s behalf
- Oversee, direct, and be main point of contact with Rethink’s PR agency team
- Support organization on communication pipelines (on regular and specific initiative basis)
- Acting as a liaison between communications and other functions in order to effectively gather information that will support communications initiatives and objectives
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience
- Impact Driven
- Great teammate
- Marketing: Proven experience of strategic planning and brand management
- Communication planning: candidates should be able to demonstrate successful outcomes from communications activities where they have conceptualized, developed and executed a communications plan
- Understanding of communications and PR within the food, policy, and nonprofit space
- Experience working across various regions and/or territories is ideal but not essential
- Outstanding presentation and advisory skills – clear, concise thinking and sufficient gravitas to deliver advice to company leaders on communications strategy in a timely fashion
- Ideal candidate will be a strong writer, highly organized, with strong time and project management skills
- Creative thinker with practical and rational execution skills
About Rethink Food NYC
Founded in 2017, Rethink is a non-profit organization built on one simple mission – to create a sustainable and equitable food system. For the past 3 years, Rethink has utilized food excess from restaurants, grocery stores, and corporate kitchens to create new and nutritious meals for those in need. Research shows that about 40% of the food produced in America today goes to waste; this is equivalent to 70 billion tons. Over 42 million people are facing hunger in the United States, but there is enough to feed everyone – Rethink is working to make this happen.
Job posted: 2020-07-22