Director of Marketing & Communications – National Academy of Engineering
The National Academy of Engineering (NAE) is seeking a marketing and communications leader to advance its new strategic plan and enhance public awareness of the NAE and appreciation of the engineering profession. In this new position, the successful candidate will create and implement a NAE marketing and communications plan, developing and guiding the marketing communications team to achieve organizational goals. The Director will define and direct all internal and external communications activities, provide strategic communications advice for senior leadership, plan, implement, and oversee special initiatives and campaigns, establish and maintain a strong institutional brand, increase the NAE’s digital presence, and develop clear metrics for assessing effectiveness.
The Director will develop policies to ensure communications consistency and coordination across the NAE and in collaboration across the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (NASEM). Working closely with colleagues from NAE programs, membership, and development, the Director will provide recommendations and solutions with full understanding of their marketing needs and communications impact.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Knowledge of engineering communication with ten+ years of related experience developing and implementing successful and comprehensive marketing and communication plans, and public affairs programs for private sector or nonprofit organizations.
· Ability to work successfully in a team environment; and to build, develop, and manage effective teams. Ability to develop strong relationships with executives, colleagues, team members, committee members, external constituents, and the media.
· Supervisory experience with direct reports and demonstrated ability to build virtual teams with peers for specific projects.
· Extensive understanding of today’s media environment, including the effective use of digital and social platforms.
· Proven track record of developing and delivering communications programs that produce operating results based on established metrics and benchmarks.
· Experience working in complex environments with a high degree of organizational effectiveness.
· Ability to manage and maintain privileged, sensitive, and confidential information and matters appropriately.
· Experience managing P&L or budget responsibility for communications and marketing teams and programs.
· Excellent personal written and presentation communication skills with a proven ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees and a diverse range of sponsors, partners, and contractors.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public or Media Relations or equivalent knowledge. Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum Experience: Eight years of related professional experience, four of which were in a supervisory capacity.
Think you have what we are looking for? We want to hear from you. Visit https://tinyurl.com/4juf8jrk to view the full job description and apply.
Job posted: 2021-09-14