Director, Marketing, Communications and PR
For four years running, Providence Community Health Centers has been named a Best Places to Work and RI Healthiest Employer by Providence Business News. This is a great opportunity to join our Administrative team as Director of Marketing, Communications and Public Relations.
The Director of Marketing, Communications, and PR is responsible for the creation and implementation of PCHC’s strategic, multi-channel marketing, communications, and public relations campaigns and for the creation of plans, implementation of strategies and execution of development and fund raising programs. In this capacity, she/he is responsible for the planning and execution of major PCHC development campaigns, ensuring optimization of branding and effective utilization of all communication platforms including social media. She/he is responsible for the budget management and production of all advertising, digital and other media. She/he manages relationships with multiple external vendors and partners to ensure work is delivered efficiently, effectively and within budget.
Education, experience and knowledge
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or equivalent working experience
• 7+ years of experience directly leading teams
• 10+ years of experience of marcom experience, preferably in software, technology or a related field
• Proven experience with marketing communication campaigns on both a global and regional scale
• Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations, and negotiating with the media
• Experience developing and maintaining agency relationships
• Thorough understanding of branding and marketing communications strategies and tactics preferably in a health center environment
• Experience developing and managing budgets
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop key messages, lead on creating and maintaining appropriate and consistent language and terminology across all media
• Act as a ‘brand guardian’ ensuring consistency across all internal and external communications
• Report on and analyze all aspects of communications and marketing, and ensure effective evaluation mechanisms are in place to measure success.
• Keep up to date on best practice within the charity sector generally and particularly changes to communications innovation, legislation and codes of practice
• To ensure effective and successful marketing and communications plans are in place for all aspects of the organizations work, products and services, including support services, patient information, publishing products, and education and training services.
• To lead, manage and plan key organizational marketing and communications initiatives.
• To carry out market research and needs analysis on PCHC’s key audiences.
• To be responsible for brand management, including brand awareness and adherence to brand and corporate identity guidelines.
• To oversee the design, production and dissemination of marketing and communications collateral, as required.
• Develop, implement, and monitor PCHC’s digital strategy, including website maintenance and development.
• Responsible for the organizations media, PR and public affairs work, ensuring appropriate strategies and plans are in place.
• To ensure the accurate and compliant collection and use of personal information and data on supporters, donors, and potential audiences.
• To promote equality and diversity by ensuring that communications are accessible and representative of the diverse range of people.
• To review and develop mechanisms for improved internal communications to staff and volunteers.
• To liaise with external suppliers and freelancers, as required.
• To provide regular information and reports to the Executive Leadership team, Chief Executive and Board of Trustees, as required, including attending business management meetings.
• Develop fundraising strategy, development and implementation.
• To work collaboratively with other managers and staff, and to contribute significantly to the business management of PCHC and be a key part of the organizations wider business planning processes.
• To participate in staff training, organization / team meetings and events, as required.
• Skills and abilities
• Excellent and engaging communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to devise, implement and develop long-term plans and strategies.
• Ability to think strategically and creatively regarding the long-term development of an organizations marketing and communications work.
• Ability to produce high quality written reports for internal management purposes and for ELT and the BOD.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-22