Director, Media and Communications
Director, Digital Media and Communications
Reports to SVP, External Affairs
Director, Digital Media and Communications is a key member of the Federation of American Hospitals (FAH) Communications and Public Relations team. The Director, Digital Media and Communications has responsibility for ensuring that the FAH narrative is achieved across digital and social platforms. This position works together with other members of the FAH team, including the policy and government affairs divisions to amplify the hospital voice and advocacy messaging. Successful candidate will be comfortable crafting and executing comprehensive media and digital strategies while monitoring and responding in real-time across digital channels. In addition, the Director, Digital Media and Communications needs to be a strong writer, have the ability to juggle multiple projects at once, and the ability to work with senior leadership of the FAH.
- Serves as primary lead on internal communications, including writing and distributing association’s daily newsletter
- Monitors digital and traditional media for hospital news and narratives; monitoring all media channels for threats and communication response opportunities
- Lead for content on FAH.org website and advocacy assets
- Works with PR team to strategize and implement structural and creative updates to best communicate ongoing advocacy initiatives, including FAH Blog and digital channels
- Coordinates with VP, Public Affairs & Digital Strategy on press outreach strategies and drafts and distributes press releases, blogs
- Assist PR team with content development for FAH Podcast “Hospital in Focus”
- Serves as content lead for FAH social media & digital channels including developing, and implementing social media content across all social media channels, ensuring channels are leveraged strategically including Twitter and LinkedIn for both the FAH and CEO, as well as association’s Facebook page
- Responsible for social media calendar and planning
- Utilizes social listening and analytics tools to generate insights
- Primary staff person responsible for reporter engagement on all social media channels
- Candidate should have at least a bachelor’s degree
- Candidate should have a minimum of 2-5 years of experience
- Candidate should have an expert or intermediate knowledge of social media and monitoring.
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted: 2021-02-24