Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director of Media and Community Relations
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Director of Media and Community Relations is responsible for the creation and execution of a strategic and integrated annual plan that includes public relations, community relationship management, external / internal communication, plus tactics that utilize social media channels. Strategies to support The Boca Raton’s business objectives, increase awareness and positive perception of the resort, its dining venues, spa, onsite experiences / activities, services and executives, and contribute to driving revenue.
Job duties include, although are not limited to:
- Create and execute a strategic and integrated annual plan that includes public relations, storytelling, community relationship management, external / internal communication, plus tactics that utilize social media channels.
- Deploy a creative content strategy across owned and earned channels. Take a proactive approach to identify and develop integrated programs that capitalize on newsworthy stories.
- Media Relations:
- Own and manage local and regional media and influencer relations inclusive of South Florida magazines, newspapers, online / digital and broadcast. Includes proactive story pitching, timely fulfillment of reactive media inquiries, build and maintain editorial relationships, coordinate and host media visits and tours on-the-ground, organize fam trips and photo shoots, pitch editorial calendars and support social media strategies.
- Vet and handle reactive media requests from international media outlets.
- Manage public relations agency of record for oversight of national media relations. Keep them informed of relevant updates to maximize opportunities for exposure. Coordinate and host all media who visit property.
- Oversee media events onsite as needed.
- Leverage social media channels and digital influencers to amplify key messages and activities. Assure alignment across earned and owned channels across resort messaging.
- Oversee resort’s community relationships, internal communications and other activities specific to Resort Guests + Members. Maintain and maximize relationships with industry partners such as The Palm Beaches, Boca Raton Historical Society, Boca Raton Center for Arts & Innovation, etc.
- Reputation Management:
- Act as a strategic communications advisor by keeping track of public attitudes, developing key messages and managing issues and crisis communications. Serve as on-property communications contact during crisis situations if they arise, working in close relationship with director of communications and PR agency.
- The role can also be involved in the management or oversight of online reviews responses. On a regular basis, monitor / draft and post replies to past guest reviews on an agreed upon list of review sites, which may include TripAdvisor, Yelp, etc.
- Oversee creation and regular maintenance of:
- PR toolkit, including but not limited to fact sheets, staff profiles, writing of press releases
- Press room on website
- Media and influencer database
- Stay apprised of industry trends; Keep finger on pulse of resort marketplace; Evaluate the competition’s marketing communications activity and implement change as dictated by market requirements. Monitor and measure results. Exhibit flexibility and proactively pivot based on business needs.
- Report to Director of Communications & Branding; Dotted line to Chief Marketing Officer.
- Collaborate with all members of Marketing Communications team to develop strategies and timelines, maximize efforts and brainstorm new ideas.
- Work closely with resort’s operational departments on strategies, marketing, and promotions; Maintain positive cooperative working relationship.
- Strong communications skills (verbal and written), effective interpersonal skills and a diligent commitment to strive for quality
- A tenacious self-starter who can multi-task and prioritize
- Deep-rooted relationships with media, community and business contacts that have delivered demonstrable results, and the personality to maximize contacts
- A creative force with the ability to develop newsworthy story ideas and follow through with pitch leads
- High-level of proficiency with presentation, visuals, and copywriting
- Minimum of five to seven years of experience in public relations and marketing communications, in the hospitality industry and/or related fields
- University degree in journalism or communications or equivalent experience in public relations
Position is based on property in Boca Raton, Florida.
In the United States we are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-08-27