Director of Membership and Advocacy
The Director of Membership and Advocacy coordinates systems and content for membership services, membership recruitment and policy advocacy on a national level, managing regional delivery through direct supervision of Regional Membership and Events managers and/or coordination of lateral peers and senior leaders who take on regional roles. He or she will also lead direct member services, recruitment, events and advocacy in one or more regions.
National & Regional Responsibilities
• Membership: Oversees strategies and operations relating to membership satisfaction, retention, and recruitment. This includes but is not limited to planning, directing, coordinating and administrating membership recruitment and retention plans.
– Assists development of association marketing strategy including brand development and strategy.
– Develops and implements membership acquisition and retention strategy.
– Leads development of all production of all membership materials, including promotional materials, correspondence, prospect mailings, special appeals, social media campaigns and list exchanges.
– Develops and maintains orientation materials and processes for new members.
– Manages and processes month-to-month member renewals via Authorize.net as well as member renewal mailings and dues collection procedures for past-due members.
– Manages update and accurate membership database.
– Develops reports to provide statistical information on membership, as well as reports on progress towards meeting recruitment and retention goals.
– Coordinates MIX Groups, seeking to facilitate more active ACCA support and re-frame them as a member benefit.
– Actively pursues partnerships with Allied Contracting Organizations (ACOs) including coordinated marketing, training offerings and, potentially, shared staff.
– Manages regional delivery through direct supervision of Regional Membership and Events Managers, an internship program, contract support and/or coordination of lateral peers and senior leaders who take on regional roles.
– Leads direct member services and recruitment in one or more regions.
• Advocacy: Partner with the VP of Membership and Business Operations to build a field program that supports grassroots and grasstops advocacy for ACCA’s policy priorities in tandem with membership and branding efforts.
– Develop systems and materials to identify, recruit, train and recognize contractors who step up as “ambassadors” for ACCA, both with their fellow contractors and public officials.
– With guidance from the VP of Public Policy and External Affairs, implement grassroots and grasstops campaigns through ACCA’s regional staff and board structure.
– Lead direct ambassador cultivation and campaign implementation in one or more assigned regions.
• Educational Events & Training: With guidance from the Director of Events & Benchmarking and the Director of Marketing and Products, implements educational events & training in one or more regions.
– Develops new educational offerings (business & technical) in the assigned region including at least one major conference, training or partner event each year.
– Development of marketing budget for events, education and training.
– Coordinates event selection, sponsorships and expo space.
– Supports development and delivery of event content, including all education sessions, social functions, and paid speakers.
– Supports regional marketing of other ACCA training products including technical manuals, Quality Assurance, Qtech and 608.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will have progressive association, membership and or fundraising experience. Strong preference for individuals with specific experience working within and/or managing a membership department.
We are looking for an individual with strong communication skills, highly developed interpersonal skills- able to interact at all levels of the association and provide high-level customer service. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be a good problem solver and facilitator with excellent analytical skills, strong team building and group facilitation skills, and advanced conflict resolution skills. Familiarity with customer relations management systems.
Reports to: Vice President of Membership and Business Operations
Location: Air Conditioning Contractors of America National HQ, Arlington, VA
Flexibility on hours worked and teleworking available.
The Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA), is the nation’s premier trade association for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration contractors. ACCA’s member companies provide quality service in heating, air conditioning, refrigeration, building and home performance, solar, hydronics, and plumbing. ACCA has created the nationally-recognized and industry-endorsed standards needed to ensure HVACR systems are properly installed and maintained. Learn more at www.acca.org.
Please submit resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Job posted: 2019-05-09