Director, Microsoft Political Action Committee
This Microsoft Political Action Committee (MSPAC) Director position is part of Microsoft’s U.S. Government Affairs within the Corporate, External and Legal Affairs (CELA) Department. The job is based out of our main campus in Redmond, WA.
The MSPAC Director Public Policy, will be responsible for overseeing strategic, programmatic and day-to-day management. Responsibilities include growing and maintaining the PAC, strengthening PAC membership and employee engagement, developing MSPAC strategy, and communicating their knowledge of the federal political and legislative process to current and prospective PAC members.
The MSPAC Director will implement a corporate speakers series, ensure state and federal compliance, manage fundraising efforts and communicate with members and potential members. This person will be expected to both present to company executives in smaller settings and engage larger audiences at corporate events. The position requires a creative, highly motivated, team-oriented candidate with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Establish membership goals and design and execute recruitment strategies to meet them. Drive recruitment of members through development of relationships, marketing, and engagement, as well as management of volunteer regional leads across the country in recruitment efforts, etc. Organize and drive campaign membership drives, leveraging high-value events and membership benefit strategies.
- Develop and create a corporate and political speakers’ series for the benefit of MSPAC members.
- Collaborate with USGA, fosters synergy between State and Federal government affairs programs with the goal of enhancing growth and deepening the value and engagement in both.
- Direct the MSPAC team to effectively manage and prioritize business goals, and lead the company’s engagement and campaign with Microsoft executives, related to corporate affairs, on a priority issues, strategies, and programs.
- Contribute to, devise and direct the team to proactively collaborate with appropriate internal stakeholders to ensure alignment of MSPAC activities to the objectives, priorities, resources and overall rhythm of the business.
- Ensure 100% compliance with all internal policies as well as applicable, federal, state, and local gift, PAC and campaign laws and reporting requirements.
- Build and lead the MSPAC team to create a strong, ongoing network of key internal and external relationships and effectively align stakeholder interests that significantly advance Microsoft’s business objectives in key priority areas and create goodwill among stakeholders.
- Develop strategies for internal and external fundraising campaigns for MSPAC and related political fundraising efforts on behalf of the company. Engage executives, managers, and others for PAC and political fundraising needs.
- Manage various visits to campus of US federal, state and local government officials, staff, opinion leaders, and high-value third-party groups, helping to build agendas and programs, working with delegation owners and subject matter experts – all to drive the company’s policy and business objectives.
- Demonstrate and foster, both internally and externally, a deep understanding of Microsoft’s strategies and technology issues in the context of the political, policy, societal and industry landscape.
- Leads the MSPAC team and coordinates with other groups within US Government Affairs to deliver highly creative and relevant solutions for advancing Microsoft policy, political, and/or citizenship agenda, while astutely managing risks and consequences.
- Through behaviors and actions, set an example and represent the Microsoft Values and the One Microsoft culture.
- Design and drive effective and responsive communications and engagement with MSPAC members, Microsoft executives, the eligible employee class, and Microsoft alumni.
- Develop and implement coherent, high-impact communications strategies, including skills to effectively communicate complex information in an understandable manner through multiple communication channels to diverse audiences.
- Interpersonal skills and political acumen to communicate with a broad range of internal and external constituents with diplomacy and discretion.
- Is agile at proactively and reactively managing affairs in rapidly changing political, policy, societal and industry environments.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in political fundraising, PAC management, campaign or other applicable grassroots-type activities.
- Strong understanding the political process and general understanding of the public policy-making process at the federal and state levels.
- High degree of diplomacy and experience in interacting with senior corporate executives, government officials and other key leaders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, including comfort with public speaking
- Highly ethical and strong sense of integrity.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience with utilizing spreadsheets and managing budgets with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strategic and creative thinker and problem-solver.
- Proven ability to successfully multi-task, meet deadlines and goals, and adapt quickly to changing environments and needs.
- Strong client service attitude with focus on client care and quick, efficient responsiveness and with strong interpersonal awareness.
- Strong bias for action and responsiveness within a team and across the company with MSPAC members.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Allocates and aligns resources to optimize the customer experience.
- Sets clear and challenging goals for a portfolio of work and pursues them with enthusiasm and passion.
- Creates influence strategies that cross organizational boundaries to achieve broad business goals.
- Able to maintain a broader perspective and identifies and evaluates opportunities to enhance the business through cross-group collaboration.
- Demonstrates resilience and maintains a constructive attitude in times of change.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local political contribution regulations and reporting requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-08-26