Director National Political Associations & Giving
Director National Political Associations and Giving
The role focuses on improving company reputation and driving company purpose through close coordination with Public Policy and PACS Zone teams. The Director will have the ability to monitor, understand and anticipate the political environment in the United States. The ideal candidate will have effective people management to create an inclusive, curious, iterative environment that empowers the team to execute a culture of growth.
What You’ll Do for Us
- Develop and execute The Coca-Cola Company political engagement strategy in the United States including oversight of The Coca-Cola Company’s Political Action Committee.
- Manage company investment and build relationships with National Political Organizations (i.e. National Governors Association) based in Washington, D.C. and collaborate with PAC Zone team and Bottler PAC teams to manage system participation in state and local events.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan in collaboration with the Public Policy Team and Strategic Communications to proactively amplify and advance our “FOR” public policy positions to protect and enhance the reputation of the Coca-Cola system in the United States at National Political Organization events.
- Collaborate with the PACS Zone team to create a strategic giving plan for state and local candidates that meet the Political Action Committee giving criteria.
- Coordinate with industry trade associations to strategically align and leverage industry investments in national political groups with those of the Company
- In collaboration with Legal, oversee compliance with all federal, state and local political reporting laws.
- Manage direct report to achieve high performance, building trust and developing individual talent through coaching that provides clear direction and fosters a growth mindset
- Collaborate with the Federal GR and Zone teams and Strategic Communications team lead to align and drive federal public policy communication and media response in partnership with allied trade associations.
- Internal communicator to build consensus, ensure alignment and buy-in from key stakeholders including bottler PAC leads.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred; at least 10 – 15 years’ experience in public affairs in public, private or NGO sector; government experience is preferred
- Working understanding across multi-cultural, matrixed organization
- Developed stakeholder network
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate complex issues to drive tangible business actions.
What We Can Do for You
- Community of Belonging: We’re an organization that believes our ability to continually grow and build the right atmosphere where people feel safe and empowered, lets you bring your best self to work.
- Purpose Driven: Purpose driven approach that empowers our people to protect the environment and communities we serve while delivering safe & quality products.
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
Job posted: 2020-12-29