Director, Neurology And Immunology Global Government AffairsE
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Director is responsible for leading and executing projects in support of Neurology and Immunology Global Business Franchise objectives. To monitor, understand, analyze, proactively anticipate and report on significant legislative and regulatory policy developments, with a focus on neurology and immunology related topics that impact must win markets in the short, mid and long term. He/she is responsible for developing clear public policy positions for EMD Serono, articulating both policy risks and opportunities for the business, with a focus on franchise-related topics. He/she will provide consistent communication of these public policy positions across the organization as well as with all relevant external stakeholders. The Director will contribute to development of best practices across key regions, coordination of regional and global policy communications, and proactively execute projects cross-functionally to meet strategic objectives.
- Partner closely with global, regional, and country colleagues to evaluate how healthcare policy trends and policy changes could impact EMD’s business. Develop and execute collaborative projects to meet business objectives
- Monitor, analyze, and report the potential impact of biopharmaceutical industry policy proposals, including different coverage and reimbursement policies, related regulations and publications, payment models, draft/final legislation, trade agreement proposals, etc
- Provide counsel to EMD leadership on risks and opportunities in the policy environment; proactively identify ways to shape the environment favorably for patient access to innovative specialty medicines, particularly with benefit to the N&I franchise
- Execute special projects related to healthcare for the Head of Global Innovative Medicines Franchise Policy, as needed
- Lead and support cross-functional collaboration to perform quantitative and qualitative impact assessment of draft and proposed policies
- Develop written materials including slides, summaries, memos, etc
- Serve as a liaison to biopharmaceutical industry trade associations, in conjunction with regional teams, on issues of importance to the N&I franchise. Represent EMD Serono as a policy advocate and thought leader in various external contexts
- Develop and strengthen relationships in the health policy/regulatory, patient advocacy, and N&I community
Who you are:
- An undergraduate degree
- 10+ years’ experience in public policy, health policy, health economics, or related fields
- Understanding of pharmaceutical policy issues and reimbursement systems in the US, EU, and China
- Familiarity with clinical, business, and stakeholder dynamics at PhRMA, EFPIA, IFPMA, and the broader community
- Experience in development of diverse coalitions to achieve healthcare policy objectives
- Excellent verbal, analytical, written and interpersonal communications skills, particularly in interpreting and summarizing complex information
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple work streams
- Key attributes include personal integrity, confidence, ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment, accountability, optimism, creativity, commitment to a strong team culture
- Strong understanding of and experience with government policymaking processes
- Ability to develop new and creative ideas
- An exemplary performance record
- Proven to be a self-starter and results oriented
- Able to perform normal and routine office duties
- Up to 20% domestic and international travel
- An advanced degree such as a Masters’ in Public Health, Public Policy, JD, Public Administration or a related field
- Pharmaceutical industry and global experience preferred
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-21