Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director of Campaigns
Vote Mama is hiring a Director of Campaigns to support the work of our PAC, Foundation, and 501(c)(4) Action Fund.
Salary range: $80,000 – $95,000
Vote Mama PAC is the only organization in the country solely dedicated to increasing the political power of Democratic moms by disrupting the systems that hold women back through direct financial support, mentorship, and endorsements of progressive moms with young children running for office up and down the ballot and across the country.
Vote Mama Action Fund is a 501(c)(4) organization working in partnership with the 501(c)(3) Vote Mama Foundation to achieve gender equity by breaking down barriers for working mothers to run for elected office, winning universal childcare for all Americans, and expanding the use of Campaign Funds for Childcare for all candidates running for office. Together, we are building a country that works for women and working families.
The Director of Campaigns is joining Vote Mama at an exciting inflection point in the growth of our organization.
About this opportunity
The Director of Campaigns is responsible for building, engaging, and leading a new base of volunteers and developing new strategies for winning campaigns, passing legislation, and deepening our grassroots engagement online and offline.
Please review the job portfolio below.
The Director of Campaigns will report directly to Founder and CEO, Liuba Grechen Shirley, and serve as a member of Vote Mama’s leadership team.
- At least one cycle of organizing experience working with Democratic campaigns and/or in progressive politics and/or legislative advocacy
- Familiarity with political data, latest technologies, and best practices in the field, including the changing contours of political discourse/campaigns
- Ability to engage diverse groups around a common goal
- Commitment to Vote Mama’s goals and theory of change
- Strong written and verbal communications skills to translate Vote Mama’s work into actionable items for supporters and volunteers
- Experience in personnel management
- Organized, with keen attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills
- Passion for grassroots organizing and commitment to progressive policy change
Launch Vote Mama’s new membership program, which will organize a grassroots army of volunteers to elect progressive moms and pass Universal Childcare, Campaign Funds for Childcare and other gender equity and family-friendly policies:
- Serve as a thought partner with Vote Mama’s leadership team for developing our legislative strategy, including by tracking federal and state-level family-forward legislation and identifying opportunities for members to take actions that help us win national and state legislation.
- Mobilize volunteers to advocate for legislation at the state and federal levels through letter writing and calling campaigns among other lobbying work
- Organize volunteer support for candidates through phone banks, door knocking, and other campaigns, including by keeping up to date on candidates’ campaigns and needs and identifying opportunities for support;
- Train volunteers on how to volunteer on a campaign and lobby legislators
- Identify targets and create content for legislative campaigns across the country;
- Support Vote Mama’s candidate programming, including but not limited to candidate trainings and regular check-ins.
- Write clear and proactive project plans and provide timely reports to ensure goals are being met;
- Collaborate with national and state organizations to achieve specific goals;
Build systems and strategies to launch and manage membership program:
- Coordinate with Communications team to develop a digital engagement strategy that results in high impact and timely engagement with supporters;
- Develop a content calendar and process that keeps members consistently informed and engaged with meaningful actions throughout the year;
- Develop strategies to move highly engaged members up the engagement ladder towards more impactful action.
- If applicable, develop a plan for paid digital engagement as well, to increase supporter base across entities.
- Stand up and maintain systems to track communication and engagement with members (e.g. through our Salesforce database).
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com in a PDF format.
We regret that we are not able to reply to every applicant. We will reach out to qualified applicants to schedule interviews on a rolling basis.
As an equal opportunity employer, Vote Mama encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.
Vote Mama prides itself on practicing the values we advocate. We are a family-friendly workplace committed to a culture prioritizing both the importance of the work we do and balance with life outside of work. Because we recognize the necessity of an intersectional approach to advocacy, we actively seek to broaden the scope of our collective lived experiences in our hiring practices.
Job posted: 2021-12-22