Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director of Communications
The Council for Higher Education Accreditation is seeking candidates for the position of director of
communications. The position reports to the senior vice president for government affairs and is
responsible for developing and implementing external communications strategies, performing public
relations and marketing work for the organization, overseeing publications and other content development
and distribution on the CHEA website and assisting with CHEA conferences and meetings. Additional
responsibilities include editing CHEA documents for publication or distribution.
The position currently uses a hybrid model of attendance but requires a Washington D. C. metropolitan
area residence (DC, Virginia, or Maryland) in order to accommodate in-house meetings and on-site
1. Develop an overall strategic communications plan to enhance and maintain CHEA’s visibility with
the press, public, Congress, the executive branch and state government.
2. Develop and implement marketing strategies for CHEA publications, events and special initiatives.
3. Identify, build and maintain relationships with media, trade publications, radio and television.
4. Develop press releases, promotions and other CHEA communications, assuring quality, consistency,
and accuracy of content.
5. Provide supervision and oversee development and distribution of publications and other content on
the CHEA Website.
6. Assist with CHEA conferences and meetings; provide preparation meetings and materials for
7. Conduct webinar interviews when needed.
8. Work across CHEA team divisions to assist in the achievement of CHEA goals and objectives
9. Other duties as assigned and as appropriate
1. Excellent technical writing skills
2. Articulate speaking delivery
3. Working knowledge of MS suite
4. Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
5. Able to professionally represent the organization and its core mission
Candidates should submit a resume or CV by December 15, 2022, with a letter of interest
specifically identifying experiences and expertise related to the position. Please also include a
short writing sample and your salary requirements, as well as contact information for three
references. Submit this application package to email@example.com.
The Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) expects to fill the position by January
30, 2023or sooner. CHEA encourages diversity of candidates to submit applications.
Job posted: 2022-11-15