Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director of Communications
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build…
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
Our communications team is looking for a Communications Director to shape and amplify Robinhood’s narrative, highlight new products, and drive strategic communications initiatives that engage multiple audiences.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Executing proactive communications plans in support of major corporate developments, including but not limited to: company news, major operational changes, key partnership announcements, public policy statements, and/or social/cultural world events.
- Driving the Robinhood narrative in the media and serving as the initial clearing house for all external-facing corporate communications materials to ensure consistency and alignment.
- Persistently placing media stories that sustain/advance Robinhood’s mission and, likewise, combat false headlines and correct misinformation in news coverage.
- Working cross-functionally with leadership and across business units to craft and execute strategic communications plans.
- Developing and managing crisis communications strategies.
- Building relationships with third parties, opinion leaders, and influential stakeholders and identifying opportunities to drive conversations across audiences.
Some Things we Consider Critical for this Role:
- 8+ years working in communications or media with a focus on financial services issues.
- Existing relationships with members of the media who cover our industry.
- Experience with or knowledge of a broker-dealer and/or broker-dealer issues is preferred but not required.
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $225000 – $265000
US Zone 2: $198000 – $233000
US Zone 3: $176000 – $207000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the chart below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
|US Zone 1||Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC|
|US Zone 2||Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago|
|US Zone 3||Lake Mary|
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-01-08