Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director of Communications
Reports to: Executive Director
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Compensation: $90,000 Annually DOE
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Long term disability, Life Insurance and a 403B Retirement Plan. We offer 15 days of annual vacation accrual, 13 paid holidays, 2 personal days, and 80 hours of paid sick leave and a heavily Subsidized ORCA transportation card.
HomeSight is a non-profit community development corporation committed to building strong, vibrant communities through homeownership, economic development, and neighborhood revitalization. We are a non-profit leader creating sustainable homeownership opportunities for low and moderate-income families by developing affordable housing, providing first-time homebuyer education, and counselling, and making home loans to qualified buyers. We work closely with multicultural resident and business groups to foster equitable economic development.
We are seeking a Director of Communications who will develop and implement key communications strategies and marketing campaigns to advance the organization’s overall mission and lines of business. We are looking for someone who has a commitment to racial equity and understands homeownership is a social justice issue.
This position will collaborate closely with the Executive Director and our Leadership team to shape HomeSight’s brand and messaging using multiple communications channels, gather and analyze target market data, and develop and conduct presentations to support our programs.
Our ideal candidate will have excellent communications and presentation skills, and a record of accomplishment initiating and executing communications and marketing strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shape HomeSight’s brand and ensure brand cohesion and messaging across all programs.
- Develop and implement annual communications and marketing plan to support strategic goals of the organization. Develop culturally relevant outreach and presentation materials.
- Cultivate and manage media contacts and prepare press releases as needed.
- Develop content and manage production of all communications and marketing materials including social media, E-newsletters, impact reports, brochures, advertisements, and promotional and fundraising materials.
- Develop and execute Marketing Campaigns to expand homebuyer customer base geographically and demographically.
- Implement Outreach Plan, develop relationships with community-based organizations, businesses, industry entities, and represent HomeSight at community events and other venues as needed.
- Four or more years of experience in communications, marketing, or public relations.
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment of success managing communications and marketing initiatives and projects.
- Exceptional presentation and outreach skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Community builder and collaborator.
- Highly organized and capable of handling multiple priorities.
- Experience promoting fundraising campaigns using Social Media platforms.
- Has experience managing social media, editing Website copy, creating marketing materials, and is an excellent writer and editor.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or closely related field, preferred.
- Experience with culturally and economically diverse communities preferred.
- Experience managing contractors (paid or volunteer).
- This position is primarily remote but will require the ability to come into the office when needed sometimes on short notice.
HomeSight is an equal-opportunity employer with a diverse staff. We seek to recruit, retain, and advance people of diverse backgrounds. We are committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs, or any other non-merit fact
Please email your resume and cover letter (optional) to email@example.com
Job posted: 2023-01-14