Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director of Communications
San Francisco, CA
As Anthropic’s Director of Communications, you will work closely with leadership and our heads of policy and external affairs to define and execute on Anthropic’s communications strategy. You will have the opportunity to build and grow a communications team to help with public relations, design, copyediting, product marketing, content creation and more.
- Crafting an overall communication strategy for Anthropic, in partnership with leadership and our Head of External Affairs.
- Owning Anthropic’s public presence and written copy, from our website to social media accounts and more.
- Developing and managing Anthropic public content, which will provide overviews of our research, code, organizational, and policy outputs.
- Identifying strategic initiatives to push on in partnership with our policy and societal impact teams.
- Identifying high-impact ways to demo or otherwise demonstrate our technology.
- Working closely with our product team to carry out impactful communication campaigns about Anthropic products.
- Building out and managing contractors and full-time employers for specialized communication functions such as design, copyediting, and public relations.
- Work with leadership and external firms on communications strategy.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have experience running communications at a fast-growing, technical startup.
- Have a track record of writing, editing, and communicating technical copy.
- Have a demonstrable track record of picking up a working knowledge of advanced technologies, and are excited to do so with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
- Are a clear and superb written and verbal communicator.
- Enjoy working cross-functionally with highly technical partners, and thrive in a research and science based environment.
- Are excited to translate insights about AI for broader audiences, ranging from policymakers to the general public.
- Are results-oriented, with a bias towards flexibility and impact.
Strong candidates may also have experience with some of the following:
- Running communication campaigns.
- Writing, editing and promoting copy related to technical research or other technical topics.
- Creating and managing communities via tools like Discord and Slack.
- Experience or engagement with artificial intelligence, machine learning or another scientific discipline.
Compensation and Benefits*
Anthropic’s compensation package consists of three elements: salary, equity, and benefits. We are committed to pay fairness and aim for these three elements collectively to be highly competitive with market rates.
Salary – The expected salary range for this position is $250k – $380k.
Equity – Equity will be a major component of the total compensation for this position. We aim to offer higher-than-average equity compensation for a company of our size, and communicate equity amounts at the time of offer issuance.
Benefits – Benefits we offer include:
– Optional equity donation matching at a 3:1 ratio, up to 50% of your equity grant.
– Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance for you and all your dependents.
– 401(k) plan with 4% matching.
– 21 weeks of paid parental leave.
– Unlimited PTO – most staff take between 4-6 weeks each year, sometimes more!
– Stipends for education, home office improvements, commuting, and wellness.
– Fertility benefits via Carrot.
– Daily lunches and snacks in our office.
– Relocation support for those moving to the Bay Area.
* This compensation and benefits information is based on Anthropic’s good faith estimate for this position, in San Francisco, CA, as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future. The level of pay within the range will depend on a variety of job-related factors, including where you place on our internal performance ladders, which is based on factors including past work experience, relevant education, and performance on our interviews or in a work trial.
Deadline to apply: None. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Hybrid policy: Currently, we expect all staff to be in our office at least 25% of the time.
Come work with us! Anthropic is a public benefit corporation based in San Francisco. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, optional equity donation matching, generous vacation and parental leave, flexible working hours, and a lovely office space in which to collaborate with colleagues.
Job posted: 2023-01-14