Director Of Communications
Are you a communications strategist who lives for helping companies tell their stories? Do you love crafting compelling pitches and working with journalists to place breakthrough pieces? Do you immerse yourself in the ever-changing media and social media world to come up with new creative ways to bring a story to life?
Invariant is expanding its team in Communications and Public Affairs, and is seeking a Director, Communications to join us.
We are consultants to both Fortune 500 and the most disruptive new companies in the country. You will work in a dynamic environment, helping our clients build their brands.
Invariant is a different kind of firm. We look at communications, public affairs, government relations, and business strategy holistically. You will do challenging, impactful work here. If that sounds interesting to you…come join us.
What you’ll do:
- Develop integrated earned media, content, digital and social strategies for clients across a variety of verticals
- Craft compelling pitches and secure impactful media coverage
- Provide sound media counsel, working closely with clients
- Develop content for creative brand storytelling campaigns that crosses earned, owned, and paid media channels
- Develop corporate and public affairs programming strategies encompassing media, thought leadership, events, and influencer engagement to build reputation
- Expand your media and influencer relationships
Who you are:
- 7+ years experience in public relations and/or media
- Solid relationships with reporters across multiple industries (tech ideal) and relish the opportunity to expand your relationships
- Demonstrated expertise working with top-tier media to place stories
- Understanding of what makes a compelling story and ability to tailor angles based on news outlets’ preferences
- Expertise developing and executing media strategies across mainstream (traditional) media and social/digital media
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Understanding of how to translate a story based on channel or format
- Proficient in social media strategy and content development
- Project management skills, used to working on multiple clients
- Collaborative, entrepreneurial
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment
- Agency experience a plus
Salary commensurate with experience. The firm offers unlimited vacation time, generous health care and retirement benefits, and advancement opportunities.
How to apply
- Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Director, Communications.”
- Applications submitted via LinkedIn will not be accepted.
Invariant is committed to creating a diverse culture and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Job posted: 2020-09-05