Director of Communications
Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC): Catalyzing Excellence in Primary Care
Quality primary care is transformative and a cornerstone of healthy, thriving communities. PCDC catalyzes excellence in primary care through strategic community investment, capacity building, and policy initiatives to achieve health equity. PCDC is a national community development financial institution (CDFI), with a 27-year history of investing in communities and providing technical assistance to improve health care and the health of the community. PCDC works with primary care providers, policymakers, industry leaders, and other advocates to advance polices that increase access to quality primary care, enabling it to more successfully improve health outcomes, reduce costs, and improve health equity. Our key policy priorities include strengthening the primary care delivery system, expanding and sustaining primary care investment and supporting healthy communities.
PCDC is seeking a Director of Communications to provide leadership and strategic direction to PCDC in all areas of communications. This is a varied, fast-paced career opportunity that will set and guide PCDC’s strategy for all communications, website, and collateral to consistently articulate and advance PCDC’s mission and strategic plan. The Director of Communications will work to ensure that PCDC is viewed as a primary source, disseminator, and conduit of information on primary care issues.
This position will report to the Senior Director of Advocacy and Communications, work closely with senior leadership and staff throughout the organization, and directly supervise a Communications Manager. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate PCDC’s strategic communication plan across the entire organization in collaboration with senior leadership
- Lead the Communications team in message development, media relations, and branding efforts in support of PCDC’s strategic direction and support PCDC’s proactive communication and outreach
- Direct the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including but not limited to PCDC’s website, social media outlets, newsletters, brochures, and reports. Ensure that content is accurate, up-to-date, and accessible
- Lead the generation of online content that engages the primary care and community development community and leads to measurable action. Decide who, when, and where to disseminate information. Ensure that new, accurate, and consistent information is posted regularly
- Plan for and facilitate earned media and social media coverage of PCDC’s initiatives and events to create momentum and awareness
- Oversee accuracy, clarity, and consistency of internal and external messaging, including occasional speechwriting for executive leadership, Board members, and external partners.
- Supervise, mentor, and evaluate staff, various consultants, and interns
Required Skills and Experience
- Background in health care or public health required; experience with primary care strongly preferred
- Background in policy as well as experience with public-private partnerships, financial institutions, or community development organizations strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
- Creativity in storytelling from both a narrative and visual perspective in support of PCDC’s B2B account-based marketing strategy
- Expert knowledge about key social media platforms
- Experience in working with and coaching senior executives to ensure maximum communications effectiveness
- Ease in creating and delivering presentations for various audiences
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Exceptional organizational and research skills
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Policy, Communications or Marketing preferred
- 8+ years of relevant work experience, including supervisory experience
- Willingness to actively assist in “all-hands” activities, such as large-scale events
- Other key skills include diplomacy, focus, patience, and a sense of humor
- Proficiency in WordPress and Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word
- Salesforce and Pardot experience strongly preferred
For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter, resume, salary requirements and three writing samples to: email@example.com with “Director of Communications” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered without a cover letter, resume, writing samples and salary requirements
The Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression including transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job posted: 2020-09-11