Director of Communications
AGA’s Communications team works to define the natural gas industry’s voice on matters of public policy and shape how stakeholders view our industry. The Director of Communications, reporting to the Vice President of Communications, works to integrate all communications properties and outreach into a strategic and unified framework.
Role and Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for integrating all communications properties and outreach into a strategic and unified framework, developing an organizational content strategy for AGA that coordinates the brand’s various channels and platforms and is based on member needs, business goals, best practices, and reaches broad and unconventional audiences.
- Direct report will include Sr. Manager, Communications. Director will be responsible for supervision of workload, performance, and deliverables.
- Consolidate efforts across communications department to ensure all efforts are coordinated and complement each other.
- The Director will be a primary content strategist, assisting with directing and integrating the planning, creation, and implementation of content across the communications team for AGA’s various channels and platforms.
- Using all platforms and existing and new channels, incorporate and coordinate messaging including media outreach, advertising, digital and social content and website, American Gas Magazine.
- Lead planning around audience targeting, identifying new and unconventional audiences as appropriate, for communications materials to ensure effectiveness.
- While becoming a subject matter expert on the industry, proactively research and be educated on the business of the industry, translating understanding into communications products and messaging for targeted audiences.
- Oversee strategy for AGA’s new website and blog in development, including oversight of content planning and development, design layout, and timely launch, as well as developing and effective marketing strategy once site is launched.
- Ensure coordination of content including studies, advocacy efforts, events, etc., by working with the communications team and other departments and across the organization.
- Translate complicated, technical issues and studies in clear and easy to understand narratives and messaging products for targeted audiences.
- Capture the voice and spirit of AGA and its brands in the delivery of narratives.
- Using effective communication, generate standout ideas and solutions.
- Act as a key strategist and advisor to Vice President, Communications; identify priorities, brainstorm and identify solutions to challenges.
Interested candidates should submit their application via this link.
Job posted: 2021-03-15