Director Of Communications
About the job
Series Director of Marketing & Communications
From its founding in 1966 in Kansas City, Missouri, Lockton has attracted entrepreneurial professionals who have driven its growth to become the largest privately held, independent insurance broker in the world. More than 7,500 empowered professionals at Lockton provide 52,000 clients around the world with something they may not be used to in insurance – local partners with the focus and freedom to do what’s right for their business and delivery of the very best results across risk management, benefits and retirement practices.
Independent researcher Greenwich Associates has awarded Lockton its Service Excellence Award for risk management for large companies. Lockton is the only billion dollar broker to be recognized by Business Insurance as a “Best Place to Work in Insurance” for eleven years in a row.
Lockton is known throughout the insurance industry as an entrepreneurial, progressive and successful insurance broker. As a result of continued individual and group accomplishments, Lockton has a record of steady and substantial growth. If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering unparalleled service, Lockton is interested in hearing from you.
Lockton Pacific Series is currently seeking a Director of Marketing & Communication, responsible for managing and executing all aspects of marketing, communications and brand management in support of the Series.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Marketing Communications Consultant to all of Lockton’s Series leadership.
• Drive and deliver overall marketing communications strategy to support the Series business and accelerate growth.
• Act as an internal consultant to develop business needs into an effective and evolving marketing communication strategy.
• Manage oversight of internal and external marketing and communication materials to ensure brand consistency across the Series.
• Provide thought leadership on effective messaging to the marketplace using current and innovative publishing mediums.
• Actively advise the Series Leadership on ways to market and promote news and accomplishments through multi-channel communications strategies, including paid, owned, earned and shared platforms.
• Ensure internal and external communications portray an accurate representation of Lockton’s services, integrity and culture. Includes validating content through use of appropriate subject matter experts in Series and Center.
• Provide continuous ideas for improvement and innovation, including facilitating rollout of solutions across the Series.
• Enforce editorial process for all topics submitted for internal or external publication.
• Adhere to governance structure led by the Executive and Operating Committees for service delivery expectations.
• Provide periodic updates to Series Leadership and Executive Committee on status of service delivery for assigned projects.
• Provide periodic updates to Series Leadership and Executive Committee on adherence to expense management and resources set-forth in the annual budget.
• Maintain Lockton’s standard of “Best Places to Work”, resulting in retention of key Associate talent.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field or equivalent education and/or experience required. Degree or specialization in Marketing or Communications preferred.
• Eight+ years relevant marketing or communications experience in the consulting or professional services industry required.
• Three+ years of supervisory experience preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to implement data-driven management processes to create strategies and measure the effective delivery of services and solutions.
• Expert/Advanced PowerPoint and Microsoft Word knowledge required. Intermediate knowledge of Excel and Outlook required.
• Expert in social media and related emerging digital communication platforms.
• Strong internal and external customer service skills, along with the ability to develop strong working relationships with influential decision makers and Associates.
• Must have strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively relate to and impact key internal and external audiences.
• Ability to convey a professional and positive image and attitude, while fostering a team-based environment.
• Ability to give and receive feedback
• Must be action-oriented with the ability to change priorities as needed.
• Organizational and time management skills to prioritize workloads and meet time sensitive deadlines required.
• Demonstrated ability to protect confidential information.
• Ability to travel by automobile and aircraft and be away from home for more than one day and night.
• Legal right to work in the United States.
Position may be based in Angeles, CA or another Lockton office location in the U.S., with some flexibility for consideration of a remote arrangement. Periodic travel to key Lockton office locations is required.
Lockton Companies, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. As a privately held company, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package reflecting our commitment to attracting and retaining great individuals. This includes health, vision and dental coverage, which begins on your first day of work, 401(k) with match and immediate vesting and a competitive vacation plan.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-06