Director of Communications
Virsec is the leading provider of application-aware workload protection. We’re building the future of cyber security, and we’re looking for talented, problem solvers to join our team. By leveraging the innovative and highly acclaimed approach behind our breakthrough and patented technology, Virsec is building products that will fundamentally change the way businesses and organizations protect high-value data. We’re bringing a novel product to market and are revolutionizing the cyber threat landscape as we do it.
Who We Need
Virsec is a rapidly growing and highly innovative leader in the software security market and is seeking to fill a critical position for a Director of Communications. This person will be responsible for developing and executing the overall external, executive, and internal communications strategy for Virsec, including global public relations, international agency management, and contribution to social media activities.
What You’ll Do
• Develop and implement Virsec’s global public relations strategy, aligning with other marketing stakeholders and managing all public relations agencies
• Field day-to-day inquiries from PR agencies and key technical and business media
• Draft, edit, and manage press release creation and review
• Ongoing reporting on media wins and share of voice (SOV)
• Development of media messaging and talking points working with product marketing and other key internal stakeholders
• Drive and create executive communications platforms, including externally published content for senior spokespeople
• “Rapid response” PR management dealing with breaking security issues as appropriate
• Collaborate with internal teams to develop a clear internal communications strategy that helps align the employees to the company vision and inform on milestones and wins
• Manage speaker’s bureau and awards program
Skills You’ll Need to Have
• At least 8 years of public relations experience in enterprise cybersecurity experience, with a strong knowledge of coordinated disclosure and an aversion to “FUD” preferred
• In-house experience managing multiple international agencies; knowledge of marketing nuances in key markets
• Very good written and verbal communications skills; a knack for the creative is welcome
• Strong analytics skills and a data-driven approach to marketing
• Independent and resourceful problem solver with success-oriented mindset
• Ability to successfully manage multiple high profile and time-sensitive projects
• Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously
• Interest in being part of a fast-paced, yet fun and collaborative, team
What We Offer
• An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
• A great work environment that supports growth and development
• Competitive compensation and benefit packages
• Stocked kitchen with healthy (and some unhealthy) drinks, snacks, fruit and lunch options
• Catered team lunch once a week
• A company who enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, and fosters learning and lots of other great stuff!
This Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Virsec to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-28